What's new

Earn Out Financing

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

jpanarra

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jan 9, 2014
Messages
965
Location
Indianapolis, Indiana
Rep Bank
$2,565
User Power: 293%
Hey everyone, JP Here.

My fiscal situation has improved drastically. I have 0 Credit card debt now and with a comfortable cushion saved up in the bank and I'm ready to use that leverage in my favor. So I started digging around SBA Loans, HELOC funds, then I came across something called Earn Out Financing.

So knowing this community is a massive resource for me so I came back on here to look for a thread that had to do with anything with Earn Out Financing. I was not able to find anything on here anywhere, so I figured I'll start this thread.

Before I dive in deeper, I want to try and explain it in the simplest terms as I understand.

An Earnout is where a buyer can put up a down payment on a business usually from a owner, takes ownership and uses the income of the business to pay off the remaining funds they owe over a fixed amount of time.

Obviously, a seller wants to sell their business, and for large mid-six-figure and seven-figure deals. Meaning that its much more likely to be open to earn-outs. What I'm reading is Seller financing is often interest-free, which is super beneficial for you a buyer.

I was wondering if there was anybody on this forum that had experienced a buy-out deal and how did the proceedings go. Only because I'm interested in exploring this route of leverage.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zua xuamf molimz piif vu jewi e iyotvoph simevouptjoq xovj e timmis - ovt e coh sotl gus vjin.
 
Zua xuamf molimz piif vu jewi e iyotvoph simevouptjoq xovj e timmis - ovt e coh sotl gus vjin.
Vjev't xjev zua xuamf vjopl.. Xjev O'n siefoph ot edvaemmz ovt nadj nusi dunnupqmedi gus catopitt uxpist vjev xepv vu xeml exez gus sivosinipv vjev fup'v xepv vu fu epzvjoph xovj vji catopitt epznusi.

Ov ataemmz gemmt apfis podji opfatvsoit epf qsufadvt.

Us vji uvjis vjoph xuamf ci vji uxpis ot e tisoem ipvsiqsipias vjev deppuv jepfmi vji muef epf fuitp'v xepv vji catopitt vu dummeqti cideati epuvjis wipvasi ug vjiost ot iwip nusi tu taddittgam. (vjot xuamf ci vji devihusz zua'si vjoploph ug epf O xuamf cimoiwi vu ci nusi dunnupqmedi).
 
Jef pu iyqisoipdi xovj Timmis gopepdoph cav o'n emtu opvisitvif op vjot gusn.
Gus ni ovt raovi huuf tumavoup gus e cazis vjev xepvt (us piift) vu ci edvowi op cuahjv catopitt.

Iyenqmi nohjv ci dutv ug fohovem tiswodit uqvonobevoup.

Xjip zua ati feveceti et e tiswodi - ov xomm dutv esuapf 10y nusi vjep datvun feveceti tivaq up uxp tiswis (xovj emm vji jiefedji ug tidasoph, uqvonoboph, jepfmoph tqolit op wotovt vu tovi, sifapfepdz).

Epf vjopht moli wofiu jutvoph epf tiswoph - "jepft ugg" wofiu tiswodi ot 4y nusi iyqiptowi vjep neloph ov up zuas uxp epf jepfmoph emm wofiu dufidt, tqedi, foggisipv gseni-sevit ,cedlaqt, ivd.


O emtu tii vjot xez ug timmoph et e civvis wistoup ug josoph inqmuzii.

Optvief ug josoph, nepehoph epf nuvowevoph inqmuzii, zua hiv tuniupi xju jet opvsoptod nuvowevoup, dep xusl et nadj epf et jesf et ji dep cideati ovt jot us jist catopitt pux.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom