The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Earn $50 by June 31st. Budget $350

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
So I drove 100 clicks to my website and got 0 sales. I think I need a special badge for being an epic loser :bored:

The upside is I managed to get less than 20 cents per click. The downside: none of them converted. I believe I was doing something completely wrong.

The field perhaps is far too competitive and I just don't know how to structure my website. I was trying to dropship backpacks from Aliexpress and market on Facebook. I targeted 18-24 males who like Jansport and Laptops as the laptop seemed sick to me. Thats the link to it:

<LINK TO WEBSITE WAS HERE BEFORE>

Probably the copy is shit as well. So many things are wrong.

Plus, feeling a little overwhelemed, but motivated. Not by the motivation mental masturbation crap, but because I have less than 3 weeks until I dry out on my saving and then I don't fucing know what I am going to do next, so better get something done now.

If anyone has any suggestions, I don't know, post them here. Thank you

o_O

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
What does the facebook ad copy/image look like that drives to that website that is not helping conversions? Just curious as to how your promoting and what's not working so maybe we can help.

That being said, you have to get in the mind of the buyer on this one. You click to a no-name "slim laptop bag" selling for close to the same price as name brands that are well advertised in the market, why would you buy this? It looks like a sleek, cool, bag, but the offer needs to be sweeter in order to compel people to BUY NOW when they get to your site.

It's four different images of the same backpack with the same copy, here is the screenshot with the images

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 4.02.59 PM.png
slim-backpack-ad-3.jpg
slim-backpack-ad-4.jpg
slim-backpack-ad-5.jpg

I've also noticed that most came from mobile traffic and from affiliates, rather than desktop:

Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 4.07.09 PM.png

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Burned through another $40 in ads and got one sale, the first sale as I posted above. I feel like an idiot. How much more cash do I have to burn, to get results? I am past $100 now. Hopeful, being the less gifted of intelligence from God, I won't have to spend my last food pennies.

F*ck... :headbanger:

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Start with marketing?

Here's my definition of marketing:
  1. Find out what people want.
  2. Find out if you can sell it to them.
  3. Find out if you can make a profit.
  4. Do it.

When you're focused on "app development", "game development", "eCommerce", (AKA "building" stuff), then you're at step 4, without having done steps 1-3.

I don't know if you've already listened to it yet, but I did a radio interview that might help you.

It's linked to in my big new super duper signature.

You are right.

Thank you, Andy.

I will start from the beginning.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Hey man, congrats on taking action and trying. That's far far more than so many are willing to do. Seriously. Really proud of your progress even if you feel like you took two steps back. The action itself is meaningful.

When you threw more ads, I'm assuming you sent it to the same audience that got you the first sale?

Thank you. I believe you are right. Now I just have to analyze what I have done, improve the things that have gone wrong, and repeat the process again and again and again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I've done one cycle, I've proved it works, I will continue until I prove myself otherwise.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Let's throw in some rewards:
- @eTox, if you reach your goal until September 30, I will help you with your website and will be answering all your questions related to this topic until October 30.

If somebody else feels like you can stimulate a fellow member of TFLF to effectively change his life - I personally ask you to join this initiative.
Each of us can do something.

Thank you @devine, I really appreciate your courage at stepping forward and offering a hand. I think you just lit a spark in me again.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
1: You're idea hopping, something many do at the start.

2: Something I learned from my first business is keep it simple. You don't have to start the next big app or website. Get a simple idea, get it running in a few weeks, and start selling. That advice would have saved me a lot of time and money. You just need to commit to one idea.

3:Once you actually start you'll never look back. New ideas won't phase you.

Just felt like this was really valuable.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
I feel instantly discouraged, knowing how many people are doing EXACTLY the same thing... There is something wrong about it. Just what is it?

Perhaps the third time I shoot myself in the foot, the bullet will hopefully go around it.

F*ck...

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I feel like I should rename this progress thread: "Earn $50 by January 31st. Budget 3K" because so far I am at a net $625 loss, excluding hosting and learning expenses.

And I F*cking love it! <3

Now that you have data you can double down on whatever seemed to work and cut out the rest. Seems like you're set up pretty well for 2017.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
@lowtek thank you. :) It's going to be a hard battle but I am not intending to give up easily. I believe I can apply everything I've learned up till now and make it a real business.

Will share my progress as I go.

eTox

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Then you need to change your stance because you're wrong. Do you know how many mobile games there are out there? Over 500+ games a day are released on Iphone. That's almost 200,000 a year. Even if 95% were crap that means 10,000 are good. You don't have experience in making games, gui, graphics, or sounds and most game apps in the top 500 can't be made by a single person. There's no reason to think that you won't release crap.

Also there is a reason why tons of games try to milk money out of people. Just compare the top 50 grossing paid app vs the top 500 grossing app. It's sad but that's the state of mobile gaming. Case closed.

As much as I do agree with you, I also strongly disagree. I would rather cry with bloody tears a year down the line than dismiss this case that quickly.
I know there is a ton of money to be made there and I will prove it. I am not setting a goal to make a billion, but I believe a couple million is possible.

If everyone is milking gamers and there are only top 500 games that make the bank and everyone fails then why would I jump of the same roof as every other miserable developer out there?

I want to cater to the average joe that want's a new game but doesn't want to spend hundreds on it to win it and I will prove that it will work.

The worst case scenario is that I'll spend a year and will fail miserably and all of you can laugh at me wholeheartedly for trying, I endorse it. But at the current state of my affairs I see no other fancy option that'll bring me closer to my goal.

@fhs8 thank you for being harsh and critical. I really appreciate when people challenge my beliefs. You rock :)

DBXI

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Nov 24, 2015
What makes your app / game different from your competitors and why would it make me want to spend my $$ on it?
How many downloads are your competitors getting?
How are they using ads to monetize their app?
How are they using IAP to monetize their app?
What is the total market size in revenue for your particular niche?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.