Jablev
New Contributor
Okay i'm in full brainstorming mode. I have very limited capital (low level wal-mart employee...seriously), but I have ideas and am willing to work to implement them. I don't know what's off limits because of my capital, and what would be achievable with good old fashioned elbow grease and business loans. So my four separate drawing boards look like this:
1) I have an invention idea, but since it's not patented and it's merely an idea I don't want to elaborate. I think it's good, and i don't think it would cost much to make. I'm really in the dark about the entire process of inventing and profiting from it. Any enlightenment from the board would be appreciated. Do i create the product and try to market it myself, or patent it and just try to get royalties?
2) Also, The idea of a kiosk driven self storage company sounds good too. I am equally in the dark about real estate, and owning a business. I can sell well, and good at seeing market need (I used to rent out my violent video games in elementary and middle school [if that counts as experience]), but i don't know the first thing about being a legit business...even a small one. There was a site i found: Self Storage Investing Millionaire's Club | Self Storage Investing That may help me out, but some of their products seem a bit pricey.
3) I know I can turn a few bucks profit being an affiliate marketer. I'm going to have to put in some work, but I doubt with the current condition of the market and it's proclivity towards low-barrier to entry that I'd be a millionaire with it anytime soon. As a hobby and for a small amount of passive income it could help though.
4) And finally I read a post by vigilante (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...fastlane-can-broader-than-many-you-think.html) that said his father found his fortune in selling free sawdust to pig farmers. All he needed to do was transport it and dry it. I'm curious about checking out the market for this kind of thing in Arizona. If anyone knows any more information about this kind of thing it would be helpful.
I know that I'm going in many different directions here, and i may not necessarily venture to them all. I'm merely brainstorming, and if anyone has any information, advice, or recommendations I would highly appreciate it.
1) I have an invention idea, but since it's not patented and it's merely an idea I don't want to elaborate. I think it's good, and i don't think it would cost much to make. I'm really in the dark about the entire process of inventing and profiting from it. Any enlightenment from the board would be appreciated. Do i create the product and try to market it myself, or patent it and just try to get royalties?
2) Also, The idea of a kiosk driven self storage company sounds good too. I am equally in the dark about real estate, and owning a business. I can sell well, and good at seeing market need (I used to rent out my violent video games in elementary and middle school [if that counts as experience]), but i don't know the first thing about being a legit business...even a small one. There was a site i found: Self Storage Investing Millionaire's Club | Self Storage Investing That may help me out, but some of their products seem a bit pricey.
3) I know I can turn a few bucks profit being an affiliate marketer. I'm going to have to put in some work, but I doubt with the current condition of the market and it's proclivity towards low-barrier to entry that I'd be a millionaire with it anytime soon. As a hobby and for a small amount of passive income it could help though.
4) And finally I read a post by vigilante (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...fastlane-can-broader-than-many-you-think.html) that said his father found his fortune in selling free sawdust to pig farmers. All he needed to do was transport it and dry it. I'm curious about checking out the market for this kind of thing in Arizona. If anyone knows any more information about this kind of thing it would be helpful.
I know that I'm going in many different directions here, and i may not necessarily venture to them all. I'm merely brainstorming, and if anyone has any information, advice, or recommendations I would highly appreciate it.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
