The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E.COM-Quit Procrastinating and start executing ...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Idk i may jump on...still thinking about it...i use to live, and breathe fitness ,but i kinda put all that side
Remember though, this is all about the journey and less so the destination. If fitness was/is something you love and have decent knowledge in, why not do it?

You'll enjoy the ride much more.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Views from hawaii for 2016 Laborday
View attachment 13105

So many people said the 2 hurricanes this weekend would ruin the trip ,but they didnt even come lol ...

me vs risk 8 to 2 :hurray:
Been following this thread silently for a while, looks like you're making great progress. Congrats man!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FreedomforEarl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 23, 2017
USA
midweek - april 13 2016
10PM - Just got off from my second job...

Ebay took down 2 of my listing...one because of my title lol...(dont mention like products)....2(don't grab other people pictures and use them) even if several other million people did the same thing....

my google ad was suspended ,but they said it was by accident....said my site was down when in fact it wasn't...they reinstated my account and I stopped the ad.

New amazon account made....taking pictures tonight to upload.(this time i have a mass amount of inventory.)
I have been selling on ebay for 18 years and they are never consistent, on some goods you have to put has used , even though it is new because of trademark infractions .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
To others great, to me ....eh i'm making it...starting to lose momentum .. and starting to get lazy again like i lost my drive...dont get me wrong ..i'm well over 5 figures a month ,but now what... lol? kinda lost and repeating the same things every day, so on the side i have been doing parties\events again like when i was younger on the side..(see signature) but now that im in a bigger city i have to restart building myself as a brand

If you have the opportunity right now work even harder why not push yourself to make 6 figures a month, then invest that money into something that cashflows ? Like real estate ? Build a solid foundation, something that will take care of you in the future regardless if you work or not. Just my opinion @sWALK90

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
I have been selling on ebay for 18 years and they are never consistent, on some goods you have to put has used , even though it is new because of trademark infractions .
Thanks, didnt think about that

So on your Amazon store, you have to send your product to them? I also was told you have to place a sticker on each item?
If you do FBA in which i didnt...

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
If you have the opportunity right now work even harder why not push yourself to make 6 figures a month, then invest that money into something that cashflows ? Like real estate ? Build a solid foundation, something that will take care of you in the future regardless if you work or not. Just my opinion @sWALK90

Im actually taking real estate classes now... and dropped out- grad school

DrkSide

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 26, 2013
View attachment 11790

So long as they get it by the 24th theres no issue correct?
The way that the policy reads they need to be shipped confirmed by the expected ship date. But if you purchase shipping more than a day in advance and the tracking says it hasn't been shipped yet you can also get dinged.
Late shipment rate: This is the number of orders with shipments that are not confirmed by the expected ship date divided by the number of orders in the time period of interest. Orders that are ship-confirmed late may lead to increased customer contacts and negatively impact customer experience.

Pikaczu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 13, 2015
Poland
Wow, that's the kind of problems that I'd love to have starting out!
Great thread, pure action taking, very inspiring.
Keep it up!

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
I would really pause your products until you get some inventory in. You now know it will sell, deal with the current orders and scale it up.

If not you'll end up getting banned pretty soon.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
So you are risking getting banned from Amazon for a few extra dollars? Please tell us what happens when your account gets banned next week. At the rate you are going, two complaints will flag/ban your account out of those 40 unshipped.

Well that makes no sense at all.

I thought were supposed to take risk? lol

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Growing pretty steady even though i bumped all the prices up:bored:..currently at 60 ( ending week 2 in a couple of days..)
upload_2016-3-18_15-30-51.png

I wonder whats making everyone buy and its not the lowest or highest price...

Tried using fiverr to help come up with a name but they all sucked so im back to the drawing board...:banghead: and still playing with shopify under a trial account

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
This thread is amazing! As someone who just ordered samples for my future Amazon product, reading your progress has been very exciting!

That being said, I really hope that you don't make the same mistake as you did in the future - make sure that you have the physical product in inventory, I'd hate to hear your amazon account was shut down due to a beginner mistake! Although I'm glad you made it, because now I've learned from it ;)

Good luck to you, I'm keeping myself posted! Please keep us updated!

look into selling on more than just amazon...

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Are you looking to make this new Amazon account into one that ships out orders immediately to keep yourself in good standings?

Also, did Amazon block you because you didn't diversity your income, or is this due to your shipments taking a good period of time to ship?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ugh! Dude it's killing me to think how many more sales you could have had by now. A small fortune! If you just would have studied up on AZ's rules first you'd still be killing it. Amazon wants everything PERFECT on every order. Oh well.... hopefully you can get reinstated or get up on a different platform soon. You were off to an excellent start, either way good luck on phase 2.

Not if the product was illicit.

What reason did they give you in the letter for terminating your account? I am assuming it was an Amazon prohibited item. Prescription product?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Almost sounds like you got a velocity review... Is your account truly suspended? Post the email you got

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Of the 72 items sold ...ive had 2 with bogus claims,(i QA them all before shipping) but i ended up sending them returns labels.
And two said they ordered the wrong one so im doing the exchange process for those..

Not bad,i thought there would be way more...(still working on my appeal to hopefully be able to sell again on amazon.)

Shopify store is 80% done...

big shipment should be here Friday..i have 2 other products that came in that are just add ons...i think those will sell as good as the other product.

I could start selling those or the ones that are coming in but this time i want to make sure i have everything before i start selling again lol....

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
So i stayed up all Saturday night to sort of pre-launch early....got the site up to where it would be functional.

Made a new FB account under the business name to run ads because i didn't want it on my personal one...went to sleep around 5AM Sunday..
thinking i would wake up to at-least one sale.(Ran 2 ads...$20 a day for two weeks($280) and $200 lifetime ad)

[shopify]
upload_2016-4-4_9-27-45.png

I wake up around 10:40AM ... 33 impressions ,and 1 click.....fb ad account suspended...:headbanger:

lol...isn't this just great...after getting off from my second job Sunday, I set one up from my personal..another $20 a day ad....but its still sitting at zero for some reason

Amazon was so much easier but im glad all this is happening early.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
New amazon account made....taking pictures tonight to upload.(this time i have a mass amount of inventory.)

I'm afraid to ask about this new amazon account... hope you are doing things correctly...

Robert Taylor I

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 31, 2016
America's Hat
Monday post - may 30th

So to end my first month on ebay i did reach my $2,000 goal ..with my smaller products taking up the slack for my big one that was removed last week...and the $2500 i made on amazon in two weeks pays out this month (90 day hold..with the suspension)-it was 2600 but i had a few returns that i had to deal with even though my account was suspended.

View attachment 12524

so in about 45 days i have managed to make roughly $4535 with no marketing or promotion....less than a hour of work a day
(2 weeks amazon [before suspension]...one month ebay)

Still no sales via new amazon account(items not listed still) or Facebook and shopify...(of course that requires some advertising/traffic)

It feels good seeing all the pieces to the puzzle line up... even when one piece has a defect and you have to modify it a little to fit... :asshat:
Embrace the roadblocks as learning lessons and keep pushing! :hurray:

I am amazed by the quality of your product choice. That much sales traffic with no marketing is very impressive. I'm about to begin on a product that will need a deal of marketing as I'm breaking into a niche, but I applaud you for what you've done here.

bibbler

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 4, 2016
Wow pretty intense journey haha.. in regards to your Amazon sales from the beginning prior to getting banned do you mind sharing how much actual profit you were making or what your Cost of goods were?

Yung1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2016
Cleveland, Ohio
How does your product get found on Amazon in a flooded market with no marketing? It seems hard to get people to find things that are on the 3rd page and beyond. My product usually shows on the 4th page naturally and does almost nothing without PPC ads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.