The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-business employees?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
For those of you that run a successful e-business, do you have employees? If so, what do they do? ...I know these are really basic questions, :blush: but I just can't figure out why ebay or google would need like 11,000 employees. If the site is already developed, and successful it seems like most of the work is done- especially when they aren't selling a product or a service. What am I missing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
For a company like ebay:

a) technical people
b) accounting people
c) in house council
d) customer service

and the list goes on.

Depends how big your business is. Most of the time you hire employees in any business so that it relieves the strain of day to day operations. You hire people when a) your spending too much time doing a typical task .. and that time could be better spent somewhere else. b) when you feel your business has grown to a level where you cant handle everything by yourself..

It all depends on the scenario, and the business type itself.

Just look at facebook.com and check their jobs. Then you can see what types of employees an e-business has.

Hope this helps you!

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Thanks for the responses! I suppose a lot of these large companies are so well run, that to someone with no grasp of what they are seeing their site is a lot like a duck on a lake...smooth sailing, but really they're paddling like crazy!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.