- Joined
- Mar 16, 2012
- Messages
- 252
Rep Bank
$665
$665
User Power: 59%
Hello everyone, I'm a 24 year old male from the Netherlands.
After graduating from Management Recreation and Tourism it seems impossible to get a real job,
and if you get job offers they have really silly things like:
- Always start at normal employee even with having several years of experience as a manager in jobs/internships
- they only give a pre-contract no real contract.
- they take in 25% of your pay and promise to pay it at the end of the contract (yea right)
I decided not to take any of those jobs anymore as they don't pay much (like 90 hours a work for 650 euro's a month) and I still have to get paid for over 1800 euro's from last year.
I would prefer to just work with the kind of work that I love to do and gain management experience that way but it seems that a normal job isn't for me, even when being a top graduate/experience at a top 100 hotel.
This all together made me decide to start looking for alternate ways to earn an income and found the book.
Currently I live with my mother again, and have no income at all.
I do have a hard time starting as the work needed to earn money doesn't really seem to be something for me (Computers...YUCK I hate them.) but I'm going to give it a go anyway as it's real simple: I need money or I need to start stealing or begging for food and a place to live.
My current skills:
- Good with dealing with people(Both adults,teens and children)+ quickly building relationships at the job.(I've worked with more than a million clients on an intensive base. I probably would remember the names of most of them when I see them.)
- Good at sports
- Big knowledge of recreational activities such as games, sports, classes(like shooting classes, archery classes, climbing classes)
- Good at motivating others
- Good knowledge of management.(next to my university I've learned a lot about (off-line)promotion, communicating, management, empowering people etc. I'm a big fan of Bob Nelson.)
Even while knowing more than someone could imagine in the recreation and sports I do not have any official grades. while I have done a lot of things like: Lifeguarding, shooting/archery/climbing instructor, judge, martial arts instructor and so on.
Less optimal things about me:
- I have a pretty high IQ and am a deep-thinker, that combined with my life experiences(both personal(Big trauma's in the youth) or professional(Working with a lot of people, living in other countries/cultures, living with almost nothing.)) makes that there's no-one that really understands me when I'm being myself. which makes me feel like being in another world at times. Now I'm back in holland and really feel like not in place...so many rules...people are so materialistic, people are so busy with being stressfull that they forget to get real experiences in life.)
- I am troubled by a big ego from time to time
- I'm bad at learning things. I can only focus for a short amount of time.(I passed my education with A's A-'s mostly with logical thinking, I never ever learned...which makes that I have a hard time learning the theory for my driving examn at the moment.)
- I'm never really stressed out, even while I should.
- I seem to have no need for "real" relations, as I'm more than perfectly fine with meeting new people-getting to know them- and trade them in for new ones(on the job, this might be different when I don't have to work from 10:00 to 02:00 6 days a week though, on the other side I have no clue how to build relations other than on the job.)
Oh and if I write something I usually write way to much.
Anyways I'm reading the book now and hoping that it will give me idea's that I like to do which also could make enough money to feed myself from, hire a decent place to live(I don't feel comfortable with owning things since I worked at crete with nothing more than 1 bed, 1 shower where the water would just come into the entire appartment and 1 toilet+ my clothes.) and being able to pay for experiences all-over the world.
After graduating from Management Recreation and Tourism it seems impossible to get a real job,
and if you get job offers they have really silly things like:
- Always start at normal employee even with having several years of experience as a manager in jobs/internships
- they only give a pre-contract no real contract.
- they take in 25% of your pay and promise to pay it at the end of the contract (yea right)
I decided not to take any of those jobs anymore as they don't pay much (like 90 hours a work for 650 euro's a month) and I still have to get paid for over 1800 euro's from last year.
I would prefer to just work with the kind of work that I love to do and gain management experience that way but it seems that a normal job isn't for me, even when being a top graduate/experience at a top 100 hotel.
This all together made me decide to start looking for alternate ways to earn an income and found the book.
Currently I live with my mother again, and have no income at all.
I do have a hard time starting as the work needed to earn money doesn't really seem to be something for me (Computers...YUCK I hate them.) but I'm going to give it a go anyway as it's real simple: I need money or I need to start stealing or begging for food and a place to live.
My current skills:
- Good with dealing with people(Both adults,teens and children)+ quickly building relationships at the job.(I've worked with more than a million clients on an intensive base. I probably would remember the names of most of them when I see them.)
- Good at sports
- Big knowledge of recreational activities such as games, sports, classes(like shooting classes, archery classes, climbing classes)
- Good at motivating others
- Good knowledge of management.(next to my university I've learned a lot about (off-line)promotion, communicating, management, empowering people etc. I'm a big fan of Bob Nelson.)
Even while knowing more than someone could imagine in the recreation and sports I do not have any official grades. while I have done a lot of things like: Lifeguarding, shooting/archery/climbing instructor, judge, martial arts instructor and so on.
Less optimal things about me:
- I have a pretty high IQ and am a deep-thinker, that combined with my life experiences(both personal(Big trauma's in the youth) or professional(Working with a lot of people, living in other countries/cultures, living with almost nothing.)) makes that there's no-one that really understands me when I'm being myself. which makes me feel like being in another world at times. Now I'm back in holland and really feel like not in place...so many rules...people are so materialistic, people are so busy with being stressfull that they forget to get real experiences in life.)
- I am troubled by a big ego from time to time
- I'm bad at learning things. I can only focus for a short amount of time.(I passed my education with A's A-'s mostly with logical thinking, I never ever learned...which makes that I have a hard time learning the theory for my driving examn at the moment.)
- I'm never really stressed out, even while I should.
- I seem to have no need for "real" relations, as I'm more than perfectly fine with meeting new people-getting to know them- and trade them in for new ones(on the job, this might be different when I don't have to work from 10:00 to 02:00 6 days a week though, on the other side I have no clue how to build relations other than on the job.)
Oh and if I write something I usually write way to much.
Anyways I'm reading the book now and hoping that it will give me idea's that I like to do which also could make enough money to feed myself from, hire a decent place to live(I don't feel comfortable with owning things since I worked at crete with nothing more than 1 bed, 1 shower where the water would just come into the entire appartment and 1 toilet+ my clothes.) and being able to pay for experiences all-over the world.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
