yolonthebf
PARKED
Hey guys, nice to be here!
I have an idea
Unique Selling Proposition
Reduce the costs of car maintenance from businesses that offer car rentals by knowing who they are renting to using a centralized driver's database and bringing more renters on car-sharing platforms.
How I came up with this idea?
I went to Romania and Croatia and I noticed that unlike here in the Czech Republic, there was no peer to peer car share platform (similar to Airbnb but with cars). So I decided to build my own, but then I noticed there was a competitor already, that I could not find at first because they had bad SEO. This company did not have many registered users.
As I was reading about this sort of platform, I noticed that people don't want to share their cars because people abuse them. And to be completely honest, I flew over a speed bump in one of the convertibles I rented this summer, all while driving at the legal speed and the owner will never know I was the guy who destroyed his shock absorbers. Here's another guy on youtube doing the same thing: Loom | Send a video. Not a thousand words.
I realized I can build a hardware device that can detect not only speed and cornering but shocks as well, then take that data and assign it to a person. The hardware tech it's pretty easy to build, I found everything online and I can build the tech myself to a certain extent (I am a fullstack developer).
Why would this useful to anyone?
Car-sharing companies can increase or decrease the price of the rental fee according to the driver's behavior.
More people will be joining peer 2 peer car-sharing platforms because they know their cars won’t be damaged.
Another problem that can be solved with this platform, from a different angle would be the following. There are websites/apps online where you can see the service and accident history of a car. That is nice and beautiful, but I also care to know how the car was driven. Was a lunatic like me driving the car for the past 5 years or an old granny?
I've done my market research, I know there are some people doing some work in this area, but not with this spin on things.
Why I'm posting here? I don't know what to do after I have the proof of concept created and ready to hit the market, has anyone tried something like this? It seems like it is of a big magnitude and I don't know where to start or what to do next.
I definitely did not write everything here so feel free to ask me questions, or partner up if you dare!
Cheers,
Cristian
I have an idea
Unique Selling Proposition
Reduce the costs of car maintenance from businesses that offer car rentals by knowing who they are renting to using a centralized driver's database and bringing more renters on car-sharing platforms.
How I came up with this idea?
I went to Romania and Croatia and I noticed that unlike here in the Czech Republic, there was no peer to peer car share platform (similar to Airbnb but with cars). So I decided to build my own, but then I noticed there was a competitor already, that I could not find at first because they had bad SEO. This company did not have many registered users.
As I was reading about this sort of platform, I noticed that people don't want to share their cars because people abuse them. And to be completely honest, I flew over a speed bump in one of the convertibles I rented this summer, all while driving at the legal speed and the owner will never know I was the guy who destroyed his shock absorbers. Here's another guy on youtube doing the same thing: Loom | Send a video. Not a thousand words.
I realized I can build a hardware device that can detect not only speed and cornering but shocks as well, then take that data and assign it to a person. The hardware tech it's pretty easy to build, I found everything online and I can build the tech myself to a certain extent (I am a fullstack developer).
Why would this useful to anyone?
Car-sharing companies can increase or decrease the price of the rental fee according to the driver's behavior.
More people will be joining peer 2 peer car-sharing platforms because they know their cars won’t be damaged.
Another problem that can be solved with this platform, from a different angle would be the following. There are websites/apps online where you can see the service and accident history of a car. That is nice and beautiful, but I also care to know how the car was driven. Was a lunatic like me driving the car for the past 5 years or an old granny?
I've done my market research, I know there are some people doing some work in this area, but not with this spin on things.
Why I'm posting here? I don't know what to do after I have the proof of concept created and ready to hit the market, has anyone tried something like this? It seems like it is of a big magnitude and I don't know where to start or what to do next.
I definitely did not write everything here so feel free to ask me questions, or partner up if you dare!
Cheers,
Cristian
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
