The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Drip.com - Reviews/Experience?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Tim001

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Sep 12, 2018
Hello,
Does anyone here have experiences that they can share with using the Drip? I searched the forum before posting and didn’t see anything to specific.

I have have a Shopify ecom shop and use MailCheat(Chimp) - I love the idea that this can very specifically create more targeted email workflows based on site actions vs. mailchip and also on the fly ad and remove users from custom advertising audiences (eg facebook).

Was wondering if anyone had good experience with this tool before taking the plunge on cost and spending time to set it up and migrate my workflows from MailCheat(Chimp).

Thanks,
Tim

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pawon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 4, 2018
Hi,

Personally, I'd recommend Active Campaign (in general, for email marketing automation).

I tried Drip for a week or two, but found some core features missing (at least for my use case), so I stayed with AC.

Not sure about integration with e-com stores as I don't use it for that purpose. (Does MailCheat(Chimp) integrate with Shopify like it does with Magento for example? (order and product data))?

You can do the Facebook custom audience thing with Active Campaign (you need the pro plan) , but I heard that the hit-rate is not that good. Don't know about Drip.

Tim001

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Sep 12, 2018
Hi,

Personally, I'd recommend Active Campaign (in general, for email marketing automation).

I tried Drip for a week or two, but found some core features missing (at least for my use case), so I stayed with AC.

Not sure about integration with e-com stores as I don't use it for that purpose. (Does MailCheat(Chimp) integrate with Shopify like it does with Magento for example? (order and product data))?

You can do the Facebook custom audience thing with Active Campaign (you need the pro plan) , but I heard that the hit-rate is not that good. Don't know about Drip.

Thank you so much for the reply.

Yea, mailchip integrates with Shopify now though a 3rd party tool for order data.

I’m also looking at convertkit too.

Boychamp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 13, 2019
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Hello,
Does anyone here have experiences that they can share with using the Drip? I searched the forum before posting and didn’t see anything to specific.

I have have a Shopify ecom shop and use MailCheat(Chimp) - I love the idea that this can very specifically create more targeted email workflows based on site actions vs. mailchip and also on the fly ad and remove users from custom advertising audiences (eg facebook).

Was wondering if anyone had good experience with this tool before taking the plunge on cost and spending time to set it up and migrate my workflows from MailCheat(Chimp).

Thanks,
Tim

Hey Tim,

So while this doesn't exactly answer your question (and not to add more to your plate) but if you're doing E-Commerce, I would suggest looking into Klaviyo. It's built solely for people doing ecom. It's not cheap but from what I've seen, well worth the investment. Integrates with Shopify and a myriad of other marketing platforms (Facebook).

Don't get me wrong, from my understanding, Drip will absolutely be a beast as well. It'll get the job done but it may be overkill.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tim001

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Sep 12, 2018
Hey Tim,

So while this doesn't exactly answer your question (and not to add more to your plate) but if you're doing E-Commerce, I would suggest looking into Klaviyo. It's built solely for people doing ecom. It's not cheap but from what I've seen, well worth the investment. Integrates with Shopify and a myriad of other marketing platforms (Facebook).

Don't get me wrong, from my understanding, Drip will absolutely be a beast as well. It'll get the job done but it may be overkill.

Thanks so much, Klaviyo looks like exactly what I was looking for. Looked at it briefly and it does do Facebook custom audiences. Just reached out to convertkit (this looked really good too) and they said that were going to look into adding custom audiences in the future - but to your point Klaviyo is tailored specifically ecom which I like. Big decisions.

Boychamp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jun 13, 2019
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Thanks so much, Klaviyo looks like exactly what I was looking for. Looked at it briefly and it does do Facebook custom audiences. Just reached out to convertkit (this looked really good too) and they said that were going to look into adding custom audiences in the future - but to your point Klaviyo is tailored specifically ecom which I like. Big decisions.

Yeah, of course! If you have any other questions or anything let me know (I have a client who we just moved to Klaviyo so I actually use it - albeit recently).

Funny that you mention ConvertKit because we actually looked into them too. One of the biggest reasons we chose Klaviyo>CK was due to all the extra e-com abilities that Klaviyo had. It integrated well with ChatBots, placed very nicely with Shopify (allows custom one off coupons that are dynamic and unique, allows dynamic content for up-sells/cross-sells, browser abandonment, etc etc), and a few other reasons as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure plenty of other email softwares would work as well, but those were some nice bonuses.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.