The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Drinking with a Redneck Girl

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
HOT SEXY WOMEN, blond
HOT SEXY WOMEN, brunette
HOT SEXY WOMEN, redhead
HOT SEXY WOMEN, raven
HOT SEXY WOMEN, bikini
HOT SEXY WOMEN, buck toothed

Sorry Russ, just trying to balance out the advertising some :) (see guys...humor lol)

:love1::smxG: VS. :002:

edit: it worked :)

edit #2: it's back again

edit #3: it worked again. I'm so confused.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Sparlin said:
. . . I'm so confused.
Yeah, me too.

Welcome to Confused R Us. :smxF:

(get it? confused RUs? ;) )

Gee, I hope that made you groan.

(puns aren't worth it unless they inflict pain on the recipient)

I know this thead's been getting on your nerves-- but I think there was some really good discussion-- clearly this is an issue where people have strong feelings, and can't quite get their brains around different points of view.

I think that's healthy-- that we talk about these things.

Not to change anyone's mind, per se.

But to gain a greater understanding of the people we hang out with.

-Russ H.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Watch your back, the ad is here again. That ad brings a whole new meaning to "whatever floats your boat".

Russ: As for the thread, it doesn't bug me as much as you may think. What does frustrate me, and I tend to do this myself, is when people get caught up in war of ideals without legitimate experience to back what they argue for. In other words, taking issue because "it's so PC" rather than weighing in on the facts.

The point being, people are too quick to argue from emotion, rather than reason. I think we would all benefit if we took time to look at the facts and tried to keep bias out of the equation (myself included).

I'm not angry, just wish people could be more precise with their arguments and look at facts objectively rather than just name calling and stirring up more problems.

I can honestly say that I am not prejudiced against race, but I get frustrated when an individual fulfills a racial stereotype and then tries to blame me for their ignorant or idiotic actions. That’s all. I agree with you that discussion over all is healthy.

Edit: JScott... I wasn't responding to your post per say. In fact, I agree with with what you just posted. I just think that people are too quick to be defensive. It was a joke, granted one that may not be appropriate in open forum, but the intent was non-malicious non the less.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Sparlin said:
Watch your back, the ad is here again. That ad brings a whole new meaning to "whatever floats your boat".
OK, that is funny . . . (to me) :D

Sparlin said:
As for the thread, it doesn't bug me as much as you may think. What does frustrate me, and I tend to do this myself, is when people get caught up in war of ideals without legitimate experience to back what they argue for. In other words, taking issue because "it's so PC" rather than weighing in on the facts.
Great point-- and precisely why I share, upfront, why I feel the way I do-- I have very deeply ingrained life experiences that have brought me to this point. And I recognize that others may not have had these kinds of experiences-- so I share them, in the hopes that it will foster greater understanding.

Sparlin said:
The point being, people are too quick to argue from emotion, rather than reason. I think we would all benefit if we took time to look at the facts and tried to keep bias out of the equation (myself included).
Boy, that's the quote of the day.

I try like crazy to discuss things from reason-- but I've gotta be honest-- it's my emotion-- and passion-- that drive me to respond.

I think emotion and passion are a good thing, if kept in check (says Mr Spock . . .) ;)

Sparlin said:
I'm not really angry, just wish people could be more precise with their arguments and look at facts objectively rather than just name calling and stirring up more problems.
Perhaps I missed them, but there were a LOT of comments on this thread-- and I really didn't see blame or name calling.

From what I read, comments were aimed at the discussion, NOT at the posters.

Perhaps that was just how I read it, though. Not sure . . .

Sparlin said:
I can honestly say that I am not prejudiced against race, but I get frustrated when an individual fulfills a racial stereotype and then tries to blame me for their ignorant or idiotic actions. That’s all. I agree with you that discussion over all is healthy.
I can honestly say I AM prejudiced against race. I grew up afraid of black people. When we traveled, my parents were careful not to associate with people we didn't know (i.e., the locals), so I also started with a fear of other cultures/races.

And in the midwest back in the 60s and 70s, there was an awful lot of homophobia-- so I have this fear/prejudice, too. I was afraid of what I did not know, or understand.

I work every day to overcome these unconscious fears.

But that's just me.

-Russ H.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Perhaps I missed them, but there were a LOT of comments on this thread-- and I really didn't see blame or name calling.

I should have clarified. I was speaking in general terms, beyond this thread.

I can honestly say I AM prejudiced against race. I grew up afraid of black people. When we traveled, my parents were careful not to associate with people we didn't know (i.e., the locals), so I also started with a fear of other cultures/races.

And in the midwest back in the 60s and 70s, there was an awful lot of homophobia-- so I have this fear/prejudice, too. I was afraid of what I did not know, or understand

GEEZ RUSS...Just how Old are you? lol Joke...

I think it's natural to feel intimidated or scared of what we are not familiar with. I actually rather enjoy meeting new people and seeing new cultures. It's just the idea of being argumentative soley on the basis of race that I don't like.

I appreciate the discussion from all parties (I just noticed the OP hasn't said much, poor CFD probably didn't mean to cause all this uproar.). I think we all probably agree more than we don't. :)
Who's buying the beer? :cheers:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
First round's on me. :)

-Russ H.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
FRIENDS VS TEXAS FRIENDS

FRIENDS: Never ask for food.

TEXAS FRIENDS: Always bring the food.

FRIENDS: Will say 'hello'.

TEXAS FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a kiss.

FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.

TEXAS FRIENDS: Call your parents Mom and Dad.

FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.

TEXAS FRIENDS: Cry with you.

FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.

TEXAS FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking, laughing, playing dominoes or cards and just being together.

FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.

TEXAS FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.

TEXAS FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds' back-ends that left you.

FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.

TEXAS FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, 'I'm home!'.

FRIENDS: will visit you in the hospital when you're sick

TEXAS FRIENDS: will cut your grass and clean your house then come spend the night with you in the hospital and cook for you when you come home

FRIENDS: have you on speed dial

TEXAS FRIENDS: have your number memorized.

FRIENDS: Are for a while.

TEXAS FRIENDS: Are for life.

ZDS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 2, 2008
I got my girlfriend to bake cookies, everyone should be happy now.

Free cookies for whoever wants to come to Austin, Texas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.