The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dreaming is good, but taking action is more important!

Dwayne

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 5, 2016
Singapore
Hello everyone, I’m Dwayne, 29. I’ve been a silent reader for a long time (see my join date lol) and... I want to get out of my hermit shell and connect with people!

First and foremost, I’ve read MFL and that’s what led me to join this forum. When Unscripted got published, I bought it the moment it appeared on the shelf at my local bookstore. So yeah, I’ve read both books and they are truly without a doubt, LIFE CHANGING. MFL was more than sufficient to change my life, but Unscripted delivers even more hard truths and it open my eyes even bigger.

Why have I been a silent reader for a long time? My reasons are: (probably just excuses)
- MFL motivated me so much that I spent most of my time working on my idea. So I mainly just visit this forum for “further studies”. Teehee.
- I felt that I have nothing to contribute yet as I’ve yet to be successful in anything I started.... I was probably dealing with extreme low self-esteem at one point and fighting with mild depression.

A little background about me: I studied com science and with 7 years exp as Web Developer. I left my day job 3 years ago, in order to fully focus on my dreams of being an entrepreneur. Deep down in my mind I knew I really hate working for someone else (rat race). I want to put all my IT skills into good use by starting a Tech company... in short, I’ve tried and failed so many times within a span of 7 years. (yes i’ve been a wantrepreneur even when I was working for someone else.) The biggest lesson learnt was I didn’t know exactly what I was doing and I have no directions of where I’m heading to. Not to mention, I was also a huge action-faker. Until I’ve read MJ’s books... they really helped me to realise what I should be doing.

For almost a year now, I’ve been grinding on my latest business idea and has finally earned my first dollar, made my first sale... 7 years of trying and failing, and finally, something that I created makes money... Most importantly, finally someone sees value in my creation....

Although I’m still very far away from being stable or even successful, I think it’s time for me start forging meaningful relationships with like-minded people... especially good people in this forum :)

Since I’m not too sure how much I can, or I should share about what I’m doing, I will end off here. So please, ask me anything!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

D.Davis

Ingeninja
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 8, 2017
Texas
Thats a great story man. I owe a great deal of respect for continuing the fight. 7 times of failure is enough to put most back into the "Rat Race". Good luck and welcome to the forum.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro and thank you for coming out of the shadows!

I bought it the moment it appeared on the shelf at my local bookstore.

Unscripted was on a bookshelf in Singapore? I wasn't aware...

Dwayne

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 5, 2016
Singapore
Great intro and thank you for coming out of the shadows!

Unscripted was on a bookshelf in Singapore? I wasn't aware...

Sir! Thank you for your welcome. Yes! It appeared in Kinokuniya bookstore, but very very limited stock... The moment I saw it, I quickly bought it without hesitation. Its probably out of stock by now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dwayne

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 5, 2016
Singapore
Thats a great story man. I owe a great deal of respect for continuing the fight. 7 times of failure is enough to put most back into the "Rat Race". Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Thank you so much, sir. It's really nice to receive some welcome here. :D

Dwayne

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 5, 2016
Singapore

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.