The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don't let age be a barrier to your success

Anything related to matters of the mind

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Thank you for the link! This has been a huge block in my mind as well. Im 22 but I still feel like a kid when dealing/talking to others.

Last day I was on the phone with a supplier. Before the call I felt like I was not going to be taken seriously because I don't speak perfect english + my age/voice. But all that was just bullshit. Went really well.

Didn't mean to steal your thread here. Just funny that you posted this today :)

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Started my first venture at age 16 and haven't looked back.

It is all about how you present yourself. Working on your confidence, business terminology, phone skills, and networking skills will put the age question to shame.

Avus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jun 18, 2013
Confidence is the key. I have worked with people younger than me who are more mature than me...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Last day I was on the phone with a supplier. Before the call I felt like I was not going to be taken seriously because I don't speak perfect english + my age/voice. But all that was just bullshit. Went really well.

Didn't mean to steal your thread here. Just funny that you posted this today :)

It's funny how much you can scare yourself, isn't it? Our brains are very talented at that, when generally, it's not even worth your time to worry about it.

Some of the most talented business people I know got started when they were teenagers. They managed to make it work. People with barely any English have been able to make it work, too. :)

I dunno. I think that the challenge at the beginning especially is good. Weeds out the people who aren't going to follow-through and builds up the people who really do want to make a business happen.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Im 17 and ive already found a need, came up with a product and am working on developing the product now. I also am starting a social media/web marketing/seo consultant business (already have a client) with plans to expand. My mantra is to show them a reason to get over age/maturity doubts

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
It's funny how much you can scare yourself, isn't it? Our brains are very talented at that, when generally, it's not even worth your time to worry about it.

Some of the most talented business people I know got started when they were teenagers. They managed to make it work. People with barely any English have been able to make it work, too. :)

I dunno. I think that the challenge at the beginning especially is good. Weeds out the people who aren't going to follow-through and builds up the people who really do want to make a business happen.

Yes very true!

“I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” Mark Twain

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.