The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Don’t think, just do. We’ll all be better off.

Anything related to matters of the mind

BigDaddyKane

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 19, 2011
There is this phenomenon in the entrepreneurial world and the human mind that is quite interesting. This is probably more common in young or new entrepreneurs (myself included).

I'm sure there's some term out there for it but I'd rather not focus on that…

It’s that little voice in the back of your mind that has you believing that you don’t have anything valuable to contribute. That you don’t know “enough”. Heck, I bet that’s the number 1 reason why most people don’t participate actively in the forums. It’s not that one doesn’t want to or cannot, it’s that deep down inside you believe that you will fail. That others won’t like what you have to say or that they will make fun of you and might think to themselves “Look at this guy, he has no idea what he’s talking about”.

But something can be learned from EVERYONE’s experience no matter how big or small, failures or successes. Shit, I thought of writing this weeks ago but didn’t because of that fear stated above.

This doesn’t only apply to the forum though, this affects your reality. So often, people overanalyze things to the point where knowing too much can actually hinder their progress. It shows them how complicated things can be. Maybe they’ll read an article about a certain way to do improve their SEO or “6 steps to a life hack” and the result ends up being the opposite. They DON’T take action. Which is far worse than a failed attempt at something.

For the younger dudes, it’s the same thing as talking to women. The more you analyze, the more likely you are to psych yourself out.

This means that you just have to go for it. Go for that Adwords campaign that you’ve been holding off on because it has to be “just right”. Trust me, you’ll learn pretty quickly what works and what doesn’t.

In fact, those same articles showing you how to do something will mean much more after you have gone through it yourself because you’ve been there. As the great Gary Halbert said, “If you really want to know it, you've really got to do it. There are no shortcuts.”.

Enough of me blabbing.

The point is… JUST DO IT.

No thinking, JUST DOING.

DO.

In the end we’ll all be better off.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted21704

There is informal evidence that throughout history, formal education institution growth FOLLOWS economic growth.

After all, think about it: schools are extraordinarily expensive. All that capital tied up in hundreds of acres of land, facilities, payroll, etc. Where could that capital possibly come from if no one is there to teach people how to make it?

Must be all those idiots messing around, tinkering, and producing instead of getting 'properly educated'.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
The point is… JUST DO IT.
No thinking, JUST DOING.
DO.
In the end we’ll all be better off.

I gotta disagree with that, the mindset needs to be right before doing anything. You need to BE before you DO.

So the best example is after New Years where people have eaten too much and they want lo lose weight so instead of changing their mindset they just DO, the join the gym and hit the weights and running machine and they feel good because their doing something, two weeks later they stop going as they never really changed their mindset.

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014

One of the most famous halftime coaching speeches in Australian sports. He and his team were close to the greatest of all time.

G

GuestUser113

I gotta disagree with that, the mindset needs to be right before doing anything. You need to BE before you DO.

So the best example is after New Years where people have eaten too much and they want lo lose weight so instead of changing their mindset they just DO, the join the gym and hit the weights and running machine and they feel good because their doing something, two weeks later they stop going as they never really changed their mindset.

5ZdziMy.jpg

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
There is a zazen/kaizen state you can reach where thinking isn't all that necessary.
But instead of thought you spend time and care and guts.

And when you risk a lot and put a lot of time in, you won't be ok with failure, or falling backwards. You just want to do the things that will move you ahead.

I think the core to action faking is lacking genuine reason for experimentation and risk.

Your mind starts to be more kaizen after you really push yourself past your fears (its so hard because every part of you will refuse you) and then after having felt the sting, it doesn't make you as afraid anymore, so you get into a nicer doer habit

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013

Lol, it is so crazy how true that picture is.

"what are you stupid! can't you follow simple instructions. draw. the. owl. simple!"

Gotta start sometime though, might as well be now. Eventually you'll figure it out.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'm drawing! I'm drawing! :)

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Forgive me if this is off topic, but what about meditation? I understand that part of becoming an entrepreneur is not just to make money, but to truly become a better person and live a life that is free of restrictions. However, with meditation, why not just skip it and get to work? Same with reading motivational books, I always feel like it's a waste of time because I'm not creating something, but just reading to give myself that "Feel good" feeling.

Like I said, a little off topic, but do you see my point/

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Well in my case I believe meditation helps you stay focused, helps you see with clarity and vision. Not so much negative self talk versus what the world says, and calming yourself and avoiding stress and anxiety. Along with visualization helps with my creativity. I can see a big difference in my production, staying focused, and not getting caught up in drama of family, friends etc. Helps with emotions, mindset, breathing, all kinds of things. :) Nope I don't see your point! If you don't have the right mindset, your basically wasting your time.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.