The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Domain Stock Exchange

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
looks like a good idea, but the site needs some work. Also, I would have some fears as to who is gauranteeing that if I bought a share of the next google.com on this site that I would get paid. There are a lot of ways I can think of to circumvent the payout in the end. I would also wonder how they get around securities laws.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I was wondering the same. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I believe the site went live today. Hopefully they will improve the site rather quickly.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
its a private company as far as I can tell. I dont think that private comanies have to comply with securities laws. those are for the corporations who are listed in the stock exchanges no???

so unless they take the company public they are just using the term stock exchange...they arent really a new stock exchange in the way your thinking.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Corrado79

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 24, 2007
Santa Monica, CA
its a private company as far as I can tell. I dont think that private comanies have to comply with securities laws. those are for the corporations who are listed in the stock exchanges no???

That is not entirely correct. You are thinking of certain SEC mandated disclosures. But here it looks like they are participating in the sale of what potentially could be called a security. Anybody selling a "security" has to comply with Federal regulations promulagated by the SEC, regardless if they are public or private entities.

Now, what they're selling may not be considered a security.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
from what I understand, depending on the number of offerings, and whether the offering is private or public is what determines whether the SEC is involved.

and if they are not securities, then why buy them.

Corrado79

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 24, 2007
Santa Monica, CA
from what I understand, depending on the number of offerings, and whether the offering is private or public is what determines whether the SEC is involved.

There are certain offerings that are exempt from certain SEC requirements, but whenever you are selling a security, the SEC is involved.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
they are calling them stocks. is a stock the same thing as a security??

Corrado79

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 24, 2007
Santa Monica, CA
It depends more on what it is (and how it's treated, etc.), rather than what it is called. By its definition, a security is a fungible, negotiable instrument representing financial value. Stocks, in the traditional sense, are almost always considered securities.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.