The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dog loving eyewear eCommerce owner from Norway saying hi

G

Guest3s1

Hello everyone

My name is Norena, I'm 43, and live in western Norway with my two dogs, Emil and Digby.

DSC09389.jpg

Emil and Digby in Quintus.jpg

Last year I launched an eCommerce company, Digby Duke, together with my two partners in Singapore. We sell high quality prescription glasses under our own brand and the company is US registered. We focus on the US market with our .com store but have plans for duplicate stores for Scandinavia, UK and other countries where we find online partners to work with and there's a good market, of course.

I use rustic Norwegian scenery, culture, and models in our branding as well as my dog, Digby, who's our mascot. I love photography so I take all the photos myself and use my local friends as models.

Digby cozying up in Sirius Silver.jpg

Marie in Bela Blaze and Carl in Kamp Autumn and Solvi in Fire Hero.jpg

Bela Boss on wood resized.jpg

See the social media links in my 'About me' section as well as my blog to see more pics: Digby Duke blog

Why am I here?

This forum was mentioned on a blog I came across while looking for potential business and JV partners so that's how I found it and I thought this could be a good place to network with like minded people who are passionate about being entrepreneurs. It's definitely daunting to start and build a business.....I've been really interested in internet\affiliate marketing for years and have read lots about it but now that I have my own business to market, it sure is overwhelming and much of what I have learned has 'gone out the window'. Info overload is definitely setting in big time. :sigh:

What can I help with?

eCommerce questions - especially about the Shopify platform, which we use.
Advice on doing business in China - one of my partners is Chinese and we have done deals directly with manufacturers there so might have some tips on that.

I wish you all the best for 2013 and look forward to seeing you around on the forum. If you'd like to find out more about me or Digby Duke, feel free to message me or contact me on Skype. :)

Norena

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Hi Norena, great intro, welcome to the forum.

This is definitely a fantastic place to network with both aspiring and very accomplished entrepreneurs.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Welcome, and greetings from Oslo (though I'm not a native)! Grats on getting your company up and running too! You site looks quite good, very clean design.

G

Guest3s1

Thanks for welcome and comment on my site. Clean, minimalist design easy to do with the Shopify platform. We still have work to do to do though to optimize the site and make it more customer friendly.

So what are you doing in Oslo, Mr. Splok (sure hope that ain't your real name ;) )?

G

Guest3s1

Brander, that would be great.......happy to meet someone else in the eyewear business. :)

I have sent you a Skype request so maybe we can talk. In which part of the world are you located?

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Norena and welcome to the forum! Velkommen... ;)

And yes, I have read your email too and will respond to it shortly.. ;)

Eskil

G

Guest3s1

Tusen takk, Eskil. Look forward to hearing from you when you have a spare moment. I read about your health supplement venture and the mobile video invention......very exciting indeed. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...