My business is in SEO and digital marketing and while I'm newer to the game, things are ramping up for me and my business partner.
Earlier this week a friend-of-a-friend approached me asking if I would be game to build out a fairly simple web app for him, I don't know him from Adam but my buddy mentioned that this guy is doing pretty well and that he's willing to pay up to $10k for the job.
I have the skill and know-how to build stuff like this, although it would take me some time to get familiar with the APIs he's using, I'd say the job would take 2 to 3 months to complete.
Since the job doesn't fall under the SEO/marketing umbrella does this break MJ's monogamy rule? What do you guys think?
Earlier this week a friend-of-a-friend approached me asking if I would be game to build out a fairly simple web app for him, I don't know him from Adam but my buddy mentioned that this guy is doing pretty well and that he's willing to pay up to $10k for the job.
I have the skill and know-how to build stuff like this, although it would take me some time to get familiar with the APIs he's using, I'd say the job would take 2 to 3 months to complete.
Since the job doesn't fall under the SEO/marketing umbrella does this break MJ's monogamy rule? What do you guys think?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
