The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does Anyone Use Facebook Ads??

Marketing, social media, advertising

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
Okay, today I started an ad on Facebook and I've gotten 0 reach.
The statistic said my daily reach should've been 22,000.
So what the hell...
I had about 6 different ads with a $10/day budget (I know it's low), so I narrow it 2 ads in the set thinking it will change.
Nothing has happen yet.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I would appreciate any tips when dealing with advertising as well.

- Thank You for reading this

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jean-Pierre

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 18, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Could be a delay in reporting as Kevin mentioned.
Also, in my experience, the actual daily reach is far less than the estimated reach.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
This bidding is too competitive...going 10x the recommended range lmao

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Where else could I advertise?

It really depends on what you are promoting.
If its B2B and you care about ROI, then you may want to try Bing. Otherwise if you have the budget use LinkedIn or Google.
If you are selling B2C and you have demographic information about who your customers are, then FB is your best bet and you need to figure out what you are doing wrong.
Starting out... use sidebar ads and bid $1/click with a daily budget of about $10-20 per campaign.
Do at least 2 campaigns with different ads (pictures and headlines), but I like to start off with 3.
Copy the same ad 3x in the ad set for each campaign and when one starts getting traction, kill the others. (FB has been doing this weird thing for years where if you have only 1 ad in the camp sometimes if doesn't get any impressions)

Hope that helps

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Here's an example of 3 ads all launched at the same time, but only one getting traction. To get lower cpc's I narrow my age range, and that also makes my ctr higher. Once you get a decent cpc, FB will show your ads all the time becaue they can make more money off you than they can off your comp.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• fb-ads-example.JPG
    fb-ads-example.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 25

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
Here's an example of 3 ads all launched at the same time, but only one getting traction. To get lower cpc's I narrow my age range, and that also makes my ctr higher. Once you get a decent cpc, FB will show your ads all the time becaue they can make more money off you than they can off your comp.
Wow that's super helpful.
I decided to go with Google, but I'll go back to Facebook when I don't have such a low budget.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
Wow that's super helpful.
I decided to go with Google, but I'll go back to Facebook when I don't have such a low budget.

In my experience, Google is way more expensive, but to get low cpc's, make sure you create adgroups with tightly grouped keywords (usually no more than 5) using exact match targeting. Or if you have the budget broad match modified that using keyword +like +this

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.