The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone have experience with infomercials?

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I'm having a video made for my product and we were looking to do it almost like an infomercial. Is there anyone who has experience in infomercials? I'm just looking for a little advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I have looked into this quite a bit myself. There are a few courses on creating
infomercials but I haven't found anything I would say is "the thing to check out"

Maybe I could point you in the right direction if you gave me an idea of what kind
of product you're trying to promote?

Are you actually trying to get it on TV? Are you just doing an online video for your
product? Are you sending this video to prospects? What's the goal?

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Hey Steve. Sorry I'm replying so late. Very Very busy week.

I'm trying to promote a product related to painting. Not sure if you have been following my progress thread at all. I have all the pics and info there.

I'm not looking to get on TV as of yet. First I'm looking to make and infomercial type video for the website and for youtube. Pretty much explaining how it works and the benefits. We have an idea what we wanna do but we we have two ways that we are deciding on going about it.

We're not sure if we should show all the negatives of not having our product and then showing all the positives or if we should show one negative then one positive, etc..

We are also making comedic videos that we hope to go viral or at least help spark some interest and get some traffic to our site. We have a few really good ideas in mind and we have a friend, who is an actor in LA, who is going to make it for us.

We're just a little undecided with the serious video for the website.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
be prepared for spending 100K tho, to start just so you know.

We're not anywhere near prepared to spend that much money just yet. We're in the early phases and we are trying to get started on a limited budget. I'm not looking to make an actual infomercial right now. Just a video that is similar to an infomercial.

We have several people looking to help us including a friend who owns a wedding video business, a close friends brother who is the vice president of the video and filming program at a local college and my partners old college buddy who is starting his own video production company. They are all looking to produce something for us with a 2k budget.

I would definitely like to contact you to pick your brain. We pretty much know what we want to do with the video. The problem is that we have a couple of different ways we could shoot it and not sure which way would be most ideal.

Thanks for the help!

D

DeletedUser2

They are all looking to produce something for us with a 2k budget.

ok, go to imotionvideo.com

here is a video they did
straight off a script.
imotionvideo - 2817vo.mp4

I have a membership with them. its 80 bucks a month, and i get 1 video like that a month.

plus as many others like that you would like for about 100 bucks a month..

its worth it for me.
and you could easily do more.

iMotion Video - We make you look great!

(not an affiliate link)
you should try that for 2K you could have about 10-15 kick but vids, and then you can split test them. when you find your perfect message you spend 2K on 1 killer vid

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.