The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you know that?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Lukas WJ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 13, 2021
Yesterday I was out with a group of 30 people. None of them is interested in entrepreneurship. After a few hours, I realized that I wasn't contributing anything to the conversation and wasn't really engaging in conversation other than superficial small talk.
However, now when I'm out and about with people who also want to become entrepreneurs, for example, I like to talk.
However, many people always take it to mean (as they did yesterday) that I'm too shy to say anything.
Do you know this situation?

Edeting: And how do you guys find people in real life with same interests? (Im 18 and struggeling with finding the right friends) Im living in a small village and nobody living around me is interested in the stuff im interested in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

seomatic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 24, 2011
Germany
completely normal. 98% of all people are boring without any ambition.
move to a bigger city to find people with similar interests.
go to startup events or mensa meetings, that's where the most interesting people hang out.
also go to places where successful people hang out: luxury car meetings, golf club and charity events
-> find a mentor, offer to work for free
also you can find interesting people online, linkedin is kind of good for that, but don't send boring messages.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you know this situation?

Yes. Whenever I found myself in a random group, this was the feeling. I felt like an outcast because I couldn't talk about my shitty job, my shitty pay, or my shitty life. So I was quiet, which further abetted the introvert, shy label.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Oui. Chaque fois que je me retrouvais dans un groupe au hasard, c'était le sentiment. Je me sentais comme un paria parce que je ne pouvais pas parler de mon travail de merde, de mon salaire de merde ou de ma vie de merde. Donc j'étais calme, ce qui a encore encouragé l'étiquette introvertie et timide

Oui. Chaque fois que je me retrouvais dans un groupe au hasard, c'était le sentiment. Je me sentais comme un paria parce que je ne pouvais pas parler de mon travail de merde, de mon salaire de merde ou de ma vie de merde. J'étais donc silencieux, ce qui a encore renforcé l'étiquette introvertie et timide.
Is that so !!! Sometimes it's better to keep certain things or people will think you're complaining about your situation, in my opinion.

But please And how did you get over that or did you continue to stay that way?

And in your opinion, is it good or bad to be like this, as an entrepreneur?
.I will be happy to hear your opinion. Thanks.anks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lukas WJ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 13, 2021
completely normal. 98% of all people are boring without any ambition.
move to a bigger city to find people with similar interests.
go to startup events or mensa meetings, that's where the most interesting people hang out.
also go to places where successful people hang out: luxury car meetings, golf club and charity events
-> find a mentor, offer to work for free
also you can find interesting people online, linkedin is kind of good for that, but don't send boring messages.
Thanks for the answer and the tipps! Im going to 2 fairs next week and i will try to find some new contacts :))

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.