The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do You Know Fiverr.com - You Should

Birdem

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2012
About fiver the people that promise more traffic to your website why dont they make a site of theit own if they promise that much traffic. Does anybody know how legit it really is?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Noel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 6, 2012
I have had some real good experiences on fiverr and some not so good but never lost my money as in some cases with odesk you can and I have. My tip for odesk never ever pay hourly rate always do a fixed rate job. I never ever accept anyone who asks for a start up payment say a % of the bid. I refuse them all. Apply these tips and it generally works well. I have been using outsourcing for over 4 years now and these tips I hope help you.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
I have had some real good experiences on fiverr and some not so good but never lost my money as in some cases with odesk you can and I have. My tip for odesk never ever pay hourly rate always do a fixed rate job. I never ever accept anyone who asks for a start up payment say a % of the bid. I refuse them all. Apply these tips and it generally works well. I have been using outsourcing for over 4 years now and these tips I hope help you.

I pay weekly $130 - $200 total and that is hourly paid to my employees. Hourly can work if you set the right expectations. Of course, I am also able to calculate the OUTPUT - therefore I can see my cost per campaign (these are senuke services).

Its simply a matter of control IMHO. When I first hire, I set a very low limit on maximum hours (1 to 3 hours). When I see that work is actually being done (via screenshots and reports etc), then I increase the limit. Over time, I will keep increasing it.

Trust is built with time.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
Yup I've got a gal in Malaysia that I pay $3 an hr for 10 hrs a week to build backlinks from pr 4+ sites. She's been working for me for over a year and she always is finding new sources for links. I've never been slapped with anything because the numbers don't draw any attention and there are no patterns, besides she's always changing up user names. Sure I could probably find some software but that leaves patterns, need constant feeding of new sources, etc. The only involvement I ever have in the backlink process is to tell her to shift from this anchor text and this site to new words and sites. She sends me a weekly report of the words and sites she post to.

How did you find this girl? Was it from Fiverr or did you find her on a WarriorForum/WickedFire site? I would like to have something like that rather than just pay random people to post backlinks and comments all over the place.

Noel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 6, 2012
I have just had an awesome video done on fiverr this week. E-book conversion that is excellent. Its really worth using. I have just read a thread of zandofin on video prep but I can't find again. He gives 7 steps to a great you tube videoincluding call to action. Worth a read before ordering.

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Oh man, I just had a Fiverr spree and starred like 40 gigs. Its kind of addicting, especially the ones for social media and marketing. :smx4:

cliqflip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 21, 2012
Orange County
I have herd so much about this website and never been till just now and I only looked at the website for 10 seconds - I'm already in love.

Simon Ashari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 29, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Had a few decent gigs done for me on fiverr.

Also had a few flops. As mentioned already, worst case scenario is you waste 5 bucks. Best case is you find someone who can do a job for you over and over again for cheap.

What's more, fiverr takes $1 cut for ever $5 job that sells.

The fastlaners are the people who run the site (who take 20% commission on everything done). The slow laners are the ones doing the job (but it may be decent cash if you're in a third world country or just starting out).

-Simon

Thrive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Nov 2, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Heck yes. I just cant believe there are so many people willing to do so much work for only $4. But hey, if they want to give me 1,000s of Facebook likes, Twitter followers and backlinks, Im good with that. :)
I just got my intro video from Creostudio and it was awesome.
Does anybody else have any gigs they recommend?

cliqflip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Feb 21, 2012
Orange County
I'm buying the Indian drummer with my name attached to his drums.

Promotional item for Facebook.

Good idea? maybe....

Awesome to look back on and say remember that time we had that one guy..
^definitely

AKN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
May 24, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Here's my experience...It's 12:00AM where I am, and I was approaching a nervous breakdown about coding a login script over the past week, I went on the site and within 10 minutes of back and forth, some whiz kid in India by the username of Archilsoftware pointed out what the issue was and fixed it. Brilliant concept if I do say so myself. He's doing backflips over a 'fiverr', and I over not losing my sh*t (and more of my valuable time). :smx1:

Birdem

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 31, 2012
Clip, its funny you say that i see stuff like that in fiver all the time do the really attract a crowd it must be if i see so many jobs like that on fiver i could be wrong sorry for the grammer quick reply from phone

Noel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Jan 6, 2012
I have just had a complete brochure redesigned to upload to a clients website. I wasted a few hours designing got too brain dead and thought Fiverr! That gave me more time to sort another web design. Then work delivered in very short time. Got two jobs completed very quickly.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Who knows if I can hire someone there to put up say 20 listing on craiglist in different cities? (aka is this against their TOS)

Does anyone know how much posting can one do before ghosting becomes an issue?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.