The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you know a Review Site for Business "Gurus" and Courses?

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
there are tenthousand different business,entrepreneurship,seo,whatever coaches outthere with thousands of courses,programms,masterminds etc etc... most of it is redundant information that you could find elsewhere for free. a few are solid gold. and a few are solid scam.

i was wondering - is there a honest "review" site for these niche? i did a quick research and found none.

this might be a nice affiliatepage. value is provided because users could read the honest reviews of other people about "gurus" - and to monetize that side i would partner with the "gurus" that seem to have great content and courses that realy provide value for their members + amazon partnetnet for books

any thougths?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
there are tenthousand different business,entrepreneurship,seo,whatever coaches outthere with thousands of courses,programms,masterminds etc etc... most of it is redundant information that you could find elsewhere for free. a few are solid gold. and a few are solid scam.

i was wondering - is there a honest "review" site for these niche? i did a quick research and found none.

this might be a nice affiliatepage. value is provided because users could read the honest reviews of other people about "gurus" - and to monetize that side i would partner with the "gurus" that seem to have great content and courses that realy provide value for their members + amazon partnetnet for books

any thougths?
I'm starting to add these into my YT channel. Ran a quick book review the other day as a test but I'm thinking about splitting it off into its own channel so we don't get locked into copywriting books and courses.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
There are no honest review sites that rank high on Google. They are all scams. Sorry.

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
There are no honest review sites that rank high on Google. They are all scams. Sorry.

I completely disagree. I run a review website (not for gurus, but for a group of consumer products). I help people figure out what product is right for their needs. I get paid if people buy a product that meets their needs and keep it.

I started the site when I had a problem that I couldn’t find a solution for. I figured it out and posted the results. Turns out, I’m not the only person with the problem and the product (that I review) solves the problem. I also review competitor products and say why that may be better or worse. The goal is to educate people so they can make an informed selection.

I don’t rank high in google for every search term, but I do for a few. I’m not scamming anyone. I’m giving good advice. If a better product comes along, you better believe I will change the recommendation.

There are some review sites that recommend products with the best affiliate offers, but there are also sites that offer serious recommendations. The latter will rise to the top...not always, but most of the time.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Care to elaborate or just want to stick to useless, blanket statements?

Lol. Grumpy today huh? That’s ok, I understand.

A review site can’t rank high without SEO, ie they’re not doing it out of the goodness of their heart. Sheesh.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I saw a Facebook group where the owner reviewed courses.

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
Lol. Grumpy today huh? That’s ok, I understand.

A review site can’t rank high without SEO, ie they’re not doing it out of the goodness of their heart. Sheesh.
Yes, I do get grumpy seeing an idea which has merit evaluated by statements and reasoning like that. I also wasn't aware that anyone who wasn't acting altruistically was automatically scamming.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Yes, I do get grumpy seeing an idea which has merit evaluated by statements and reasoning like that. I also wasn't aware that anyone who wasn't acting altruistically was automatically scamming.

I do tend to use hyperbole but since this is a forum where anyone can add their opinion there’s bound to be disagreements. If my replies, pithy or not, are annoying to you, feel free to ignore me. Ignoring me would have given me less power than arguing.

Lemme try again.

In my research among SEO professionals who create and manage hundreds of affiliate sites I found that the STANDARD PRACTICE was to supply the properties with fake reviewers, fake stories and fake LinkedIn accounts. This is done across the board from shampoo to dog toys to shoes to freaking rollercoaster rides. Those professionally managed affiliate sites rank the highest for multiple search terms (100’s of KW’s) and the vast majority of them portray themselves as good, honest citizens who “want to help our customers know the truth!”

It’s obnoxious and depressing to me to find that Google rewards those types of people, every day.

But it’s a great way to make money.

I do not trust any review anywhere on the Internet now, because I’ve dug into these types of sites time and time again. Creating sites with fake accounts, fake reviews, fake chat boxes of bots to help you “decide” is my personal, and again I could be wrong, definition of a scam.

I do not think you will be able to make serious six figure money “altruistically” running a review site in less than two years or get ranked on Google for multiple KW’s ever BUT if I’m wrong I will HAPPILY eat my words as my faith in review sites will be magically restored.

Shall we continue discussing my opinion?

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
I do tend to use hyperbole but since this is a forum where anyone can add their opinion there’s bound to be disagreements. If my replies, pithy or not, are annoying to you, feel free to ignore me. Ignoring me would have given me less power than arguing.

Lemme try again.

In my research among SEO professionals who create and manage hundreds of affiliate sites I found that the STANDARD PRACTICE was to supply the properties with fake reviewers, fake stories and fake LinkedIn accounts. This is done across the board from shampoo to dog toys to shoes to freaking rollercoaster rides. Those professionally managed affiliate sites rank the highest for multiple search terms (100’s of KW’s) and the vast majority of them portray themselves as good, honest citizens who “want to help our customers know the truth!”

It’s obnoxious and depressing to me to find that Google rewards those types of people, every day.

But it’s a great way to make money.

I do not trust any review anywhere on the Internet now, because I’ve dug into these types of sites time and time again. Creating sites with fake accounts, fake reviews, fake chat boxes of bots to help you “decide” is my personal, and again I could be wrong, definition of a scam.

I do not think you will be able to make serious six figure money “altruistically” running a review site in less than two years or get ranked on Google for multiple KW’s ever BUT if I’m wrong I will HAPPILY eat my words as my faith in review sites will be magically restored.

Shall we continue discussing my opinion?

Wasn't arguing, just wanted to hear the basis. I am overly sensitive to statements that involve all, never, always etc so that's on me. Thank you for the explanation.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
This forum has a section "What are you reading right now" opinions and reviews are regularly posted here.

Maybe it's a business opportunity for someone to start a website/blog where the books, products and gurus get reviewed.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
Maybe it's a business opportunity for someone to start a website/blog where the books, products and gurus get reviewed.

yeah that was my intention.

i think a "honest" review site is a great niche. "rate" your course. everyone can rate the gurus... but i think it is hard to sort out "fake" ratings when you open up the review process...
but without an open review process it is just another "review" site.

mrc89

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Dec 1, 2015
Tried something like this myself but couldn’t quite get it to work. Not to say it’s not a good idea just think at the time my execution wasn’t quite right. Here are the problems I found that you could potentially solve to crack it.

How to establish trust with readers so they go to your reviews over sites like reddit or Facebook groups

Monetising the site, the affiliate route loses your credibility but at the start getting someone to pay for your reviews is unlikely as well.

Affording to pay for all the courses. Most will give you a discount but then it’s implied that you will give them a positive review which gives you less credibility with your audience.

To be honest I think I didn’t approach it with enough of a long term mindset but if you want to discuss it more let me know.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
What you're looking for needs to be, like previously discussed in the thread, an altruistic review website which doesn't offer the author any incentive to actually start one, especially when products aren't inexpensive.

Review sites aren't "scams", there is just the incentive to write favorably in order to pitch the product. Unless you're truly scorned, why waste time producing a negative review? Spend time "taking" from someone else when I could spend time "giving" to myself, if that makes sense.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
Affording to pay for all the courses. Most will give you a discount but then it’s implied that you will give them a positive review which gives you less credibility with your audience.

To be honest I think I didn’t approach it with enough of a long term mindset but if you want to discuss it more let me know.

i would let the visitors rate the products and not write a review myself. like yelp or these review sites where you review your employer.
that wouldnt be very effective for seo purposes. but it would make the process of "reviewing" more open and honest. but also it would be very hard do tell if someone who gives a 5 star review for bill McScambuckles course realy took thar course or is bill himself...

so somebody goes to ratemyguru.com and types in "billy mcScam" and the site for billy mscam shows the reviews other visitors gave him.... in theory...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.