The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you have to give up your social life to become rich?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
according to some extreme cases in "deep work" yes; ultimately so; there are too many distractions and if you are trying to be ELITE and above the rest, this sacrifice may as well be made for the benefit of your goals

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I went out to some meetups the other day.

There was one entrepreneur meetup group where it was extremely friendly and welcoming.

Regulars who discussed business and daily life candidly like long-life friends.
They weren't afraid to share tales of hardships and opportunity freely, without fear of competition or backstabbing.

There was a lady who had just sold a business and is now in the education field, selling special programs to private international schools globally.

There was another guy who was developing a hotel app for China. He offered me a spot to help him run a clipart side biz he had as a hobby. I think he forgot about it as he hasn't sent me further details yet.

I don't think that entrepreneurship should be as lonely as we think it is. It is still very much a significant part of the working world, providing goods and services to a lot of people. And for that, we will always need, and rely on people who can help us, be it in giving services or good-old human support.

of course, I know a single few who are on the same wavelength as me or at least aspiring to it, I keep them in my thoughts.

SchenkFinancial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 17, 2019
Germany
J.P. Morgan was married to his wife Frances when he founded his investment bank. Sam Walton was married to his wife Helen when he founded his retail corporation.

Being married doesn’t seem to stand in the way of financial success, partying might be another story.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheGreek

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 27, 2020
Greece
Being lonely for a while is not the worst thing in the world. Giving up your dreams is terrible. If you change your lifestyle overnight, it will be a lonely period for you. However, you will meet people with similar habits and needs with you in the future.

LordGanon

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jun 22, 2020
Germany
The transition only seems hard when you're in university. It's actually comparable to having kids.

A lot of my friends who had kids suddenly couldn't go out partying anymore, couldn't hang out with their friends anymore, couldn't invest as much time in their hobbies anymore...because their life began to revolve around kids.

Kinda hurts when you're the last one without children. Because all the socializing will revolve around the kids. You'll become friends with other parents from daycare, school, so both parties can focus on what takes up their time: Children.

It's the same when having a business. You've got a lot more work to do, just like if you had kids. But you'll simply start socializing with different people. Having lunch with other entrepreneurs, attend workshops and fairs with them, go to political gatherings together...

You don't necessarily socialize less. The context and people will become different.

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
I've met a guy who did that, so I believe it's something you might have to consider.

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
It takes a lot of work up front to achieve freedom.

You can either make time for it or be a life long employee with 5:2 work/life balance. Just ask my 75 year old dad who's still on the clock when he should be on a golf course.

Last edited:

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
It's the hardest thing to do in life, but it's F*cking worth it for sure.
Money over anything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
ive nightclubbed only 3 times as a regular person, now im working hard so i can go nightclubbing as a rich person.

1 night rich clubbing > 10000000 nights regular clubbing
it's best to do it that way man! go all out in one night than going out barely any every night.

fastlanedoll

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Aug 21, 2019
The thing is, if you want it badly enough, it won't even FEEL like sacrifice. Which is how I feel.
You know how they say "happiness is when your actions are in line with ambitions" or something close. You just feel you're getting closer and closer to your goals without having to go out and 'socialize', and you're happy because of it if that makes sense.
But then what do I know, I never had much of a social life anyway.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Girls that previously would have crossed the street to avoid me began to fight over who was going out with me, and they approached me.

This needs to be memorialized and engraved on a gold plate and hung up for all to see.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.