The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you have low energy everyday when it comes to work or business?

Anything related to matters of the mind

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
I was curious as this is something that I've been experiencing ever since I got into this biz journey, but I noticed even when I'm working my normal job I'll feel tired / low energy, and especially when it comes to working on a business related task. If I go and do a fun activity, whether it's indoors or outdoors, then I don't have this problem, I guess because it's fun? But yeah pretty much everyday it happens unless I spend a whole day hanging out with friends or something. One of my old jobs which I enjoyed, even though sometimes it got boring I didn't feel low energy, I think it was partially because I was standing on my feet all day.

I might have answered my own question above as I mostly have low energy all the time because I do boring tasks, but everyone else has to do them to and business itself is pretty boring (at least for me)

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this same challenge every day?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Just bumping this thread, curious if anyone has had or has this experience on a continuous basis?

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Yeah pretty much every day

I guess the solution is to kick your own a$$ and get disciplined but I wouldn't have the first clue about that.

Let me know if you find the answer

Jalexo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 10, 2022
Sometimes it has nothing to with discipline. Sometimes it has to do with your lifestyle habits that are sucking your energy. So no matter how much discipline you have, you feel physically drained and not motivated. Here's what I recommend:

1) Dopamine Detox
Dopamine is the chemical our body produces when we do something our mind considers a good action. The problem is our mind doesn't know to distinguish between what is really good to us. For this reason, you may be activating excessive dopamine through easy mechanisms, such as obtaining likes through social media networks, video games, fast food, watching naughty videos, etc.

Therefore, when you perform a task like reading a book, which doesn't trigger so much dopamine, you feel bored. The way to resolve this is by doing a dopamine detox. In other words, you stop doing the things that trigger easy dopamine. After a few days, your brain will go back to its natural state. You will notice more motivation in your business, etc. You can find more information on YouTube about this detox.

2) What You Eat
I can't eat certain food at lunch. For instance, food with too much fat, red meat, sugar, and grain tends to make me feel tired afterward. Therefore, at lunch, I tend to eat food that isn't so heavy on my digestive system. This can be fish, chicken, fruit, and vegetables.

Furthermore, I don't eat too much because If I do, then I feel lazy afterward. Also, mental fatigue may be something you should consider. If you are having a hard time focusing, memorizing, and thinking then perhaps you have mental fatigue. In this case, I recommend taking some mental boosters.

3) Lack of Sleep and Exercise
Lack of sleep makes you also feel tired throughout your days and exercise makes you feel more energetic and productive. Not much to say here. But your body is an engine and if you want to be a top performer then you need to have your engine fully optimized.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

G

Guest103804

Sometimes it has nothing to with discipline. Sometimes it has to do with your lifestyle habits that are sucking your energy. So no matter how much discipline you have, you feel physically drained and not motivated. Here's what I recommend:

1) Dopamine Detox
Dopamine is the chemical our body produces when we do something our mind considers a good action. The problem is our mind doesn't know to distinguish between what is really good to us. For this reason, you may be activating excessive dopamine through easy mechanisms, such as obtaining likes through social media networks, video games, fast food, watching naughty videos, etc.

Therefore, when you perform a task like reading a book, which doesn't trigger so much dopamine, you feel bored. The way to resolve this is by doing a dopamine detox. In other words, you stop doing the things that trigger easy dopamine. After a few days, your brain will go back to its natural state. You will notice more motivation in your business, etc. You can find more information on YouTube about this detox.

2) What You Eat
I can't eat certain food at lunch. For instance, food with too much fat, red meat, sugar, and grain tends to make me feel tired afterward. Therefore, at lunch, I tend to eat food that isn't so heavy on my digestive system. This can be fish, chicken, fruit, and vegetables.

Furthermore, I don't eat too much because If I do, then I feel lazy afterward. Also, mental fatigue may be something you should consider. If you are having a hard time focusing, memorizing, and thinking then perhaps you have mental fatigue. In this case, I recommend taking some mental boosters.

Lack of sleep makes you also feel tired throughout your days and exercise makes you feel more energetic and productive. Not much to say here. But your body is an engine and if you want to be a top performer then you need to have your engine fully optimized.

I am with you on this, if I have a heavy weekend on wine it takes me till Thursday to get my energy back

G

Guest-5ty5s4

1) Dopamine Detox

2) What You Eat

Great contribution.

Number 3 is big. I've heard it said that "sleep is the most important supplement" in the context of elite athletic performance.

Jeff Bezos said he always gets at least 8 hours of sleep, and doesn't believe people who say they only sleep 4 hours every night. That would be very unhealthy.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
You might be spinning your wheels. Take a step back and breathe. Let go and see if you feel compelled to work on it again. If you don't, start paying attention: your intuition might be trying to lead you in another direction than you're headed.

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
I feel like that when I need to get some tasks done, but literally nobody other than me will care if I do them today or not. It didn't happen when I used to work in a team environment.

Having some kind of external accountability seems to be key. Ideally, I would just do the things I decided to do and be accountable to myself. I'm working on that.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Yeah pretty much every day

I guess the solution is to kick your own a$$ and get disciplined but I wouldn't have the first clue about that.

Let me know if you find the answer
Ah ok, is it because the work you're doing is boring or something else?

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia

1) Dopamine Detox

2) What You Eat

Interesting, a couple years back dopamine was something I picked up on that was a major contributor, if I played games after work then tried to do myself I'd feel to tired and procrastinate to get started. With diet, I'm experimenting with this currently actually hopefully it makes a difference.

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
The best MEDS are Mindfulness, Exercise, Diet and Sleep.

In December I was stressed and unfocused, but also ate like shit, mostly just veg'd in front of my computer or the TV, and got little sleep because I kept waking up during the night. This month I turned it around completely. I'm meal prepping healthy food, doing about 30 mins of daily exercise, practicing gratitude, and can now get 8 hours of sleep pretty easily. I feel much more clear-headed, energetic and productive now.

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Usually if you have extreme lethargy there's an underlying reason.. for me I was very vitamin D insufficient (I live in the midwest) and I took a hard knee to the nose in jiu jitsu a few years ago that deviated my septum resulting in sleep apnea. Once I started treating those two conditions, my energy shot up about 3x. Some people are also iron deficient which can make you very fatigued. Overall, if it's an extreme lack of energy, it's likely there's something off with your sleep, vitamin/mineral levels, or some type of underlying unaddressed mental illness, all of which you need to consult your doctor on to figure out what exactly is going on.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Usually if you have extreme lethargy there's an underlying reason.. for me I was very vitamin D insufficient (I live in the midwest) and I took a hard knee to the nose in jiu jitsu a few years ago that deviated my septum resulting in sleep apnea. Once I started treating those two conditions, my energy shot up about 3x. Some people are also iron deficient which can make you very fatigued. Overall, if it's an extreme lack of energy, it's likely there's something off with your sleep, vitamin/mineral levels, or some type of underlying unaddressed mental illness, all of which you need to consult your doctor on to figure out what exactly is going on.
It depends on the task, if I'm doing something fun, this is never a problem. If it's on projects I like doing, I'm 100% but business / entrepreneurship and my job which is boring is where it has been happening for years.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.