The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you believe in something your past self would've laughed at?

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
In chapter 97 of The Great Rat Race Escape , MJ wrote how his 2015 self would have rolled on the floor laughing had he known he would turn vegan by 2017.

I also experienced a very similar thing a few months ago, although not about veganism.

Have you guys ever experienced this? Do you currently believe something the younger you would've made fun of?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
When I was younger, I was litteraly terrified by driving a car.

I had some much pain to get my driver license. I tried several instructors who were bad with no pedagogy. This led to a lack of self-confidence.

Then I became a commercial who drives 3000kms per week in average. No miracle solution it was a nightmare in the beginning. But now I like driving so much it's one of my real pleasures on this planet. Of course I aim to get a better car through my business.

I always said I will never drive a car again, funny to see how things can change quickly.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
Becoming a barber.

Never thought I would be cutting hair. Never even considered it, Because I thought there was no money in it.

When I found out I liked it, and I could be charging $30-40 per haircut minimum, I was interested. 20 year old me would have never guessed that's what I'd be doing

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Have you guys ever experienced this? Do you currently believe something the younger you would've made fun of?
Hell yeah !

Except some core general values like respect or a good work ethic, almost nothing I do or believe today existed in my life just 5 years ago. Thinking about my former self, who is actually not far away in time, is a bit cringy honestly.

I take the fact that my current self wouldn't recognize my 5 years younger self as a good sign than I'm evolving and progressing through life.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I only found out about the Fastlane in 2021. When I was younger my impression of entrepreneurs was that they earned similar money to people with jobs, they just had more flexibility with their work. I knew that entrepreneurs that built medium size businesses (~500 employees or so) had wealth but I would have assumed that all small business people (0 - 3 employees) earned similar money to people with jobs. I think that if you had told me that the Fastlane allows you to "get rich quick" albeit with a lot of work, then I would have laughed at you and thought it was a scam.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I take the fact that my current self wouldn't recognize my 5 years younger self as a good sign than I'm evolving and progressing through life.
I think that life is naturally highly non-linear. So if you know exactly where you are going in the long term and you get there, then you are doing it wrong. The more progress that you make the more opportunities you should discover that you didn't anticipate and it will simply end up in your best interest to change direction.

Spenny

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
The gym. Used to actively diss it & I've now become an absolute gym rat. Protein shakes, creatine, squats and going every other day of the week.

lvmixr7pj3191.jpg

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
Christianity.
I had a similar experience.

My 2022 self would've spat his tea laughing if he was told his future self would deny Darwinistic evolution.

I honestly feel that Darwinism is actually a very dangerous theory that has brought a LOT of harm to the world. It's also probably the main reason why Andrew Tate and the whole redpill thing got so popular.

The problem with Darwinism is that it teaches people that they are no more valuable than sewage rats, while also teaching that we have to be more emotionally impulsive to be successful just because "that's just how we evolved! Right?"

Too many men are justifying satanic activities with Darwinism. Even some people in this forum.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Too many men are justifying satanic activities with Darwinism. Even some people in this forum.

I’m embarrassed to say that barely in this stage of my life I finally understand what morality is and why it’s important. The same thing with “evil”. 5-10 years ago I had a very atheistic/materialistic view of the world. These are topics that obviously deviate from the context of this forum.

It’s extremely difficult to make sense of life and it’s purpose. It’s extremely difficult to think for yourself and look at reality and understand it.

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
I’m embarrassed to say that barely in this stage of my life I finally understand what morality is and why it’s important. The same thing with “evil”. 5-10 years ago I had a very atheistic/materialistic view of the world. These are topics that obviously deviate from the context of this forum.

It’s extremely difficult to make sense of life and it’s purpose. It’s extremely difficult to think for yourself and look at reality and understand it.
We are all fallen, brother. That's why humility comes a VERY long way. Even MJ wrote about this in Chapter 97 of TGRRE .

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Becoming a barber.

Never thought I would be cutting hair. Never even considered it, Because I thought there was no money in it.

When I found out I liked it, and I could be charging $30-40 per haircut minimum, I was interested. 20 year old me would have never guessed that's what I'd be doing
A friend's father was an airline pilot, he paid his way through flight-school giving haircuts, and he only did buzz-cuts. He cut the hair of a flight-instructor, and pretty soon the whole school was going to him.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.