The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do we really have CONTROL in our own website (rather than working at someone else's)?

G

Guest84834

First of all, I know nothing. Not a single thing about websites.
I want to learn from the people who have their own business and their own website with full control.
I want to know how much control there is.
Can goDaddy simply delete my site?
Can i just accept bitcoin payments and avoid taxes and registering business( assuming I only accept bitcoin payments)
How much control do I have? Please enlighten me.
Can anyone other than me know what's going on in my site?
Can the goverment associate the bitcoin address I provide with real identity. Can I simply say that I don't know anything?
I assume having own site and using bitcoin might give the most control. Please don't get offended by my question or this "landfil". I know nothing. Please help me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PhilKowalski

Always gets what he deserves
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 5, 2017
Germany
Hey @absybad ...

Cannot really say anything about the bitcoin questions, just one advice: Make sure you're doing nothing illegal because I assume (and it's only an assumption) government can get you quicker by the balls than you can say "shit" if you (from their view) owe them taxes.

The other questions:

Can goDaddy simply delete my site?

Theoretically yes, they could go bankrupt, decide they do not longer want you as a customer etc.

Your safety net would be constant back ups (like weekly). Save the back up files in a save place.

Also I doubt they would do this (assuming you want a site for a legitimate business) as the webhosting market is pretty competitive. Would not work in their favor.

I just recently moved from Siteground to Dreamhost and it was a very smooth experience. Just to give oyu an example if you can move "your stuff" somewhere else.

Can anyone other than me know what's going on in my site?

In regards to the techstack you use - yes. There are several methods and plugins that show me what content management system your using, what themes etc.

But this is not so important, because I think what makes the core of your website is the content you provide. That is what makes it valuable. Make sure, no one steals from that by constantly checking for copycats.

Transaction wise (e. g. taking bitcoin to avoid taxes) -> see my initial comment

How much control do I have? Please enlighten me.

You can control nearly everything. I use Wordpress as a content management system with some premium themes and plugins which give me great freedom to create "the stuff I want". E. g. I have one huge post, where I wanted to integrate my hand drawn icons with the content, easy peasy with my setup.

You also control how you collect leads (e. g. through an email signup form) or how you handle contact requests (e. g. through a contact form, chat or anything inbetween).

Maybe that helps

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
From this page:

"While Bitcoin can support strong privacy, many ways of using it are usually not very private. With proper understanding of the technology, bitcoin can indeed be used in a very private and anonymous way.

As of 2019 most casual enthusiasts of bitcoin believe it is perfectly traceable; this is completely false. Around 2011 most casual enthusiasts believed it is totally private; which is also false. There is some nuance - in certain situations bitcoin can be very private. But it is not simple to understand, and it takes some time and reading."

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
You don't have to use GoDaddy for hosting a website, nor even for domain name registration. You can pick another vendor, and I would suggest that anyway.

It's possible to even setup redundant web servers with different hosts, but that's something you'll have to talk to an expert about. But yes, keep backups, especially if you are reliant on lots of data (in particular, customers), and you'll want someone who knows what they are doing taking the appropriate security measures so the data isn't stolen or lost.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.