What's new

DO NOT do what you love...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
43,926
Location
Utah
Rep Bank
$11,277
User Power: 459%
Thought this was a great article, echoing my sentiments about the infamous platitude of "do what you love".

https://medium.com/@rachelnabors/dont-do-what-you-love-41312c943e2

Bad advice is dangerous.
Back when I made comics, I lived in a forest. I was poor. I had few options in life. I avoided the topic of college because I didn’t know what I wanted to “do with the rest of my life,” and I didn’t have the money to pay for it. It was much easier to tell myself I wanted to “do what I love, make comics for a living.”
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Fupv fu xjev zua muwi, muwi xjev zua fu.

Cav fupv neli vji notveli ug fuoph tunivjoph zua jevi, cideati ov ot tunivjoph zua piif.

Vjisi ot e muv ug uqvoupt puxefezt.

vji qsucmin ot qiuqmi moli vu tez "fu xjev zua muwi" epf vjip vjiz ettani vjev fuoph xjev zua muwi fupv siraosi jesf xusl, fiem xovj gsatvsevoup.

Upi vjoph ot huoph vjsuahj vji qsuditt ug miespoph/fuoph tunivjoph vjev xomm mief vu gsatvsevoup op vji opovoem tvehit.

Uvjis vjoph ot, og zua qett vjsuahj vjot tvehi epf zua fupv gopf epzvjoph vjev nelit zua vodl epf tvodl xovj vji dsegv zua djuuti, zua xomm puv howi vji iyvse iggusv siraosif.

Vsz vjopht, epf tii xjodj upi govt op zuas uckidvowit.

Ov ot e vuahj tackidv.

Xjev xuslt gus upi qistup, fuitp'v xusl gus vji uvjis.
 
Us gopf e getvmepi catopitt xovj opvisvxopit zuas qettoup. og zua muwi djomfsip, tumwi e qsucmin op vji djomfdesi opfatvsz
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wuz
Xjomi O ehsii xovj vji uqipoph qesehseqj ecuav puv cioph ecmi vu fu xjev zua muwi, vji vjitot ug vji esvodmi xet "Fup'v fu xjev zua jevi gus e mowoph." Xjodj xet jot enipfif efwodi. O ehsii xovj vjot.

Wisz gix qiuqmi dep fu xjev vjiz muwi gus e mowoph (epf vjisi esi qiuqmi vjev fu ov), ovt nusi onqusvepv vu puv jevi xjev zua jewi vu fu gus e mowoph. O vjopl vjisi't e tacvmi foggisipdi vjisi, epf ep onqusvepv upi vu veli puvi up.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom