I was at the gym today and it was my pull day on weights. I noticed a lady was watching me and following me around. Then I realized she was trying to do the same routine that I was doing!
While she was watching/waiting, she would "use" whatever machine she was sitting on. She was sitting at the seated tricep dip machine and instead of grasping the handles and pushing down, she rested her arms on the handles and shrugged her shoulders. Then when I left my pullover machine, she sat down and didn't adjust the weight or re-size the machine to her size. It looked like she was going to get crunched!!
I usually don't say anything because I am not a trainer and I certainly don't look like one. Also, I understand that some people are targeting a different muscle but what about when someone is obviously using the equipment in an unsafe manner? At the risk of it being unwelcome, should I say something to the person?
While she was watching/waiting, she would "use" whatever machine she was sitting on. She was sitting at the seated tricep dip machine and instead of grasping the handles and pushing down, she rested her arms on the handles and shrugged her shoulders. Then when I left my pullover machine, she sat down and didn't adjust the weight or re-size the machine to her size. It looked like she was going to get crunched!!
I usually don't say anything because I am not a trainer and I certainly don't look like one. Also, I understand that some people are targeting a different muscle but what about when someone is obviously using the equipment in an unsafe manner? At the risk of it being unwelcome, should I say something to the person?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
