The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do help other people with your money? or spend it all on yourself?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Give to the poor or keep it to yourself

• Give to the poor

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Keep it to yourself

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
I believe if you have alot of something you should give a little of that and help the people who are sick and have no food/shelter.

So what exactly do you do with your money?

Spend it all on yourself OR Do great good with it.

Don't take this offensively i am just curious.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
So what exactly do you do with your money?

Use it to make more money.

I do give small amounts of money away, once in awhile, if I like the person or if I feel they deserve it. Like the other day we bought a homeless person a coffee. You don't always have to give money to be generous or help people.

I believe if you have a lot of something you should give a little of that and help the people who are sick and have no food/shelter.

I think the majority of wealthy people do this. you just don't hear about it, unless they are famous.

You would be surprised how much money is donated to charitable foundations by wealthy people.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
oh one more thing.

your Poll is kinda messed up. Prolly why know one has voted.

I was gonna vote, but I couldn't. because I do 2 of the things on that list. Not just 1

So if I had to choose only one.

it would be keep my money. mostly because I work hard for it. And I do not want to vote that way.

you should change 'don't care' to 'Both'

I believe everyone cares in this world.

If they don't, then that person has serious problems. And is not even worth mentioning or hearing.

I'm betting your results would be 100% for 'Both'

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
you should change 'don't care' to 'Both'

when i was finished with making the thread i already thought there is something wrong with the poll but i can't change it anymore -_- so now i know it for the next time eh :)

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
I'm in startup mode, so I am being a selfish bastard with my money for the time being. My business needs it more than anything else.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I am no means wealthy right now, however I accomplish much more financial success than most of my family, but that's not saying much when most of my family is chain to wage-slavery through debt and living beyond their means. I have help my family more than I wish too, and I think that's one of my faults, since my family believes in "doing good" things will produce good karma. Karma does not exist. I only did what I did because I want the acceptance/love of my family.

When I achieve great wealth, I will mainly donate it to institutes to cure aging, since in the long run aging is the number 1 cause of death more than anything else. It's helping myself, and it will help millions of other people now and in the far future.

We all will die from aging, unless we (I, selfish of course) fight against it. It's a personal battle as well as a global battle, since it kills more people than any war or disease will. I will rather have time over money any day. There is no after life/God/tooth fairy, until proven otherwise, but I also do not want to give up on life just because most atheist believe that we should enjoy life for what it is. If I cannot live indefinitely, then there is no reason to exist, so I might as well commit suicide to get the inevitable over with... but I won't since I believe that the cure to aging is within reach.... but only for those wealthy enough to achieve it. There is only so much you could do with 80-100 years of life... and when you are in the deathbed... the difference between you and someone who live to 20 is nothing... once your dead it doesn't matter if you reach great success or are in the history books because your mentality of this universe goes with you when the lights are out.

The older you are, the more you should be terrified because the time is running is out equally for everyone right now. We're all slowly dying of a disease. My worst nightmare is to die 5 years before the cure was there, and if I only did slight changes in my lifestyle to prevent that from happening, then 60 years of suffering from any longevity hypothesis (like not smoking, spreading the word, CRON diet) are worth it, simply I will get a thousand extra years to enjoy the wonders of life. And in that thousand years, there will be an explosive amount of technological advances that we could not fathom today, unless we die of a freak accident.

The cause of aging is free radicals, glycation, mutations, wear and tear of the body, so the cure most be something that prevents these issues within the body. Aging, in my opinion, is simply a disease and could be cure.

Other than that... I don't see the point in helping the homeless, disease inflicted people, or something of that nature. Diseases, homelessness, and a lot of problems are from aging in fact. Alzheimer, diabetes, cancers, dementia, hearing loss, wrinkles, increase obesity, lower metabolism, heart disease hits people when they grow old... and these problems cause a lot of the homelessness. Drugs, mental issues, are also reasons why we have homeless problems too though.

If people want to die, that is their right though.

People who are born with diseases/mental retardation come to a life with a badly dealt hand, but I don't think helping those people will help in the long run, since that's just prolonging their misery/waste of resources. We are after all, just mammals, but mankind gives more importance then they justly deserve, since at the end of the day you cannot give a brain to someone who doesn't have a brain. It's a tragedy though, but I believe this is the truth, since it's logical... but still a tragedy.

These are after all just my opinion.

369009643_203d7cb672.jpg

There is something greater than money, and that is life. Life is the only thing that matters. Time is the only thing that last.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
You're welcome. I'm not trying to force my personal beliefs on people, but that's just what I believe my money should go towards to if anywhere. I know it comes off very radical, but it's really just an extreme love of life.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
It's not all about the money.

Lots of friends of mine give both their money and time to worthy causes. Giving the money takes little time. Giving the time costs wayyy more.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
IMO money doesn't solve all problems. Charities are always willing to accept donations but as Greg said, giving time is better.

When I see a homeless person asking for money, I ask them if they want food. I'd rather buy a $3 sandwich than give them $1 that they will use for other purposes.

D

DeletedUser11

When you become wealthy/rich I think sharing money is crazy, you shouldn't pay salaries to your friends/family.

Just cause you made it doesnt mean you become everyones crutch for support.

If you are close to your parents you can retire them with a nice six figure cheque.

However, SHARE THE EXPERIENCE, spend your money on holidays, eating out, court side seats whatever it is. Don't buy cars, watches, jewelry, clothes for everyone.

50 cent said Floyd Mayweather is like that, he buys everyone gifts gives them money lets them live in his house etc. And they will agree to everything he says because everyone around him are co-dependant. You dont want people like that around you.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
50 cent said Floyd Mayweather is like that, he buys everyone gifts gives them money lets them live in his house etc. And they will agree to everything he says because everyone around him are co-dependant. You dont want people like that around you.

If i got money i wouldn't do that

starsnosigns

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 7, 2013
Yes I do...I don't have much but I buy from charity sales sometimes and buy stuff for my less fortunate relatives.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.