- Joined
- Nov 24, 2012
- Messages
- 150
Rep Bank
$555
$555
User Power: 111%
I came across this suggestion in another thread a while back (sorry, don't remember which or who to thank for this) but in that thread, there was a suggestion to start listening to podcasts.
Now, I consider myself pretty tech savvy and geeky but for whatever reason I never really got into the whole podcasting thing.
...until now.
I've now been very diligent about downloading podcasts and listening to them in the car. Car rides are what I consider dead time traditionally since usually, there's not much to do while you're driving. I've tried the books on tape thing but that wasn't necessarily my favorite thing in the world.
Podcasts on the other hand seem to be way more engaging for me and provide much more up to date and practical info based on what people are doing in the trenches currently.
Before I list the ones that I'm into, I want to share why I think podcasts are so cool and useful:
With that being said, here's the ones that I'm into now:
Seth Godin's startup school - http://www.earwolf.com/show/startup-school/
If you don't know Seth Godin, I highly recommend checking out his blogs and his books. He's a fantastic writer and a brilliant mind. In that podcast series he basically records a 3 day seminar that he did and gives you the content for free. There's some great stuff that I learned in the podcast that is pretty high level and incredibly useful.
Startup's for the rest of us - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/startups-for-the-rest-of-us/id366931951?mt=2
If you're into tech and SaaS businesses, this is an incredible podcast. I find it to be fairly technical at times but I love it. Being in the software business myself, I find it great to listen to the obstacles that these guys are encountering and overcoming and for whatever reason, I feel like I can really connect with them. I feel like I'm listening in on a conversation with peers doing the same type of stuff that I'm doing.
Anyway, great podcast to check out if tech is your thing.
Entrepreneur on Fire - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/entrepreneur-on-fire-john/id564001633?mt=2
I find this one to be a little more cheesy and motivational but I like it nonetheless. He puts out a podcast every day so there's always new content. He also does podcasts and posts once a month detailing their revenues and profits to be transparent. I was pretty surprised at the type of revenue this guy is doing with his podcasting business...
Anyway, those are the ones I'm into currently and felt like they could be of value to other members of this forum.
I hope that you find value in those podcasts and more importantly, do something with them.
Cheers,
Now, I consider myself pretty tech savvy and geeky but for whatever reason I never really got into the whole podcasting thing.
...until now.
I've now been very diligent about downloading podcasts and listening to them in the car. Car rides are what I consider dead time traditionally since usually, there's not much to do while you're driving. I've tried the books on tape thing but that wasn't necessarily my favorite thing in the world.
Podcasts on the other hand seem to be way more engaging for me and provide much more up to date and practical info based on what people are doing in the trenches currently.
Before I list the ones that I'm into, I want to share why I think podcasts are so cool and useful:
- It's a great way to consume information while doing mundane things.
Driving, doing laundry, cleaning the dishes... these are things that we have to do and we generally aren't productive doing this things. Podcasts are a great way to learn while you're doing things you have to do anyway without really interrupting your routine
- There's surprisingly some great podcasts out there with immense value. You can find content for pretty much anything and this is all free information that is very easily accessible. Even more so than reading blog posts or other literature
- This is perhaps the most important reason in my mind that I'm into podcasts right now... There's a saying that you're the average of the 5 people you hang around most (I think MJ even mentions that in TMFL) and while some of us are lucky enough to have influential people local to us, there are many of us that don't.
Finding good quality podcasts can give you incredible insight and information while making you feel like you're "hanging out" so to speak, with other successful people in that community. After doing this for a couple of weeks now, I really feel like I'm a part of their community and "hanging out" with more people that are like minded, taking action and doing the types of things I'm doing and want to do.
With that being said, here's the ones that I'm into now:
Seth Godin's startup school - http://www.earwolf.com/show/startup-school/
If you don't know Seth Godin, I highly recommend checking out his blogs and his books. He's a fantastic writer and a brilliant mind. In that podcast series he basically records a 3 day seminar that he did and gives you the content for free. There's some great stuff that I learned in the podcast that is pretty high level and incredibly useful.
Startup's for the rest of us - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/startups-for-the-rest-of-us/id366931951?mt=2
If you're into tech and SaaS businesses, this is an incredible podcast. I find it to be fairly technical at times but I love it. Being in the software business myself, I find it great to listen to the obstacles that these guys are encountering and overcoming and for whatever reason, I feel like I can really connect with them. I feel like I'm listening in on a conversation with peers doing the same type of stuff that I'm doing.
Anyway, great podcast to check out if tech is your thing.
Entrepreneur on Fire - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/entrepreneur-on-fire-john/id564001633?mt=2
I find this one to be a little more cheesy and motivational but I like it nonetheless. He puts out a podcast every day so there's always new content. He also does podcasts and posts once a month detailing their revenues and profits to be transparent. I was pretty surprised at the type of revenue this guy is doing with his podcasting business...
Anyway, those are the ones I'm into currently and felt like they could be of value to other members of this forum.
I hope that you find value in those podcasts and more importantly, do something with them.
Cheers,
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
