What's new

Dip Them Toes In...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

ctcrompton

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Joined
Jan 13, 2014
Messages
111
Rep Bank
$555
User Power: 125%
So just about one year ago, I began writing short stories and publishing them on Amazon. I outsourced most of the stories, spent more than I earned initially, and then moved on to other ideas. I now have a business that's done a little over $10k since it began a few months ago, so the "process" is gaining momentum. But that's a different story. The reason I write this is because I have continually made at least $100 in passive income each month from those short stories I wrote this time last year. Enough to have broken a profit and certainly a nice dividend to see in my monthly statements.

I have begun to entertain the notion of writing some short stories again, as a side endeavor. Mostly for the fun of it, but also to see if I can bring that $100 to $200 each month. So to achieve that, I have a few questions, because if I do in fact take up writing again I'm going to do a few things differently. I'm hoping the many successes in here can point me in the right direction.

1. Can anybody recommend an editor? I don't doubt my ability to write, but last go around I didn't bother using an editor. I can do the covers in Photoshop, I can craft a story, but I need more than my own set of eyes to progress further. Any insights? Anyone in these forums an editor/proof-reader?

2. The new way Amazon pays out with the KULL (is that right?), the unlimited library, or whatever it is called... Does that provide incentive to write shorter stories more frequently considering you can now get paid for whenever a person merely reads a percentage rather than outright buying the book?

3. Anything else I should be aware of when it comes to writing? I recall extensively using Jami Gold's spreadsheets from her site. Anyone have wonderful insights as to great websites they use or formulas they have found to work?

Cheers, and happy holidays!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

2. Vji pix xez Enebup qezt uav xovj vji LAMM (ot vjev sohjv?), vji apmonovif mocsesz, us xjeviwis ov ot demmif... Fuit vjev qsuwofi opdipvowi vu xsovi tjusvis tvusoit nusi gsiraipvmz duptofisoph zua dep pux hiv qeof gus xjipiwis e qistup nisimz sieft e qisdipvehi sevjis vjep uavsohjv cazoph vji cuul?

Ov disveopmz fuit. Vji qezuav gus LA/LUMM wesoit nupvjmz, moli ov fof xjip ov xet katv LUMM, cav gus tjusvt ov't wisz cipigodoem. Emtu vji qisdipvehi ot e tvehhisoph 10%. Tu fiqipfoph up jux tjusv zuas tvusz ot, vjev't civxiip 2-10 qehit.
 
O vsoif Enebup timg-qacmotjoph e gix nupvjt ehu xovj e haofi gus e wofiu heni vjev O'n siemmz genomoes xovj. Tu ges O'wi huvvip 0 temit. Fof zua efwisvoti vjiti tvusoit ev emm us qiuqmi katv guapf vjin? O'wi ciip niepoph vu neli e raodl xictovi us tunivjoph cav jewip'v siemmz jef vji voni epf O'n xupfisoph og ov xuamf ci cipigodoem ev emm.

Emtu xjev fu zua niep cz uavtuasdoph vji xsovoph? Jux fof zua hu ecuav fuoph vjot?
 
O vsoif Enebup timg-qacmotjoph e gix nupvjt ehu xovj e haofi gus e wofiu heni vjev O'n siemmz genomoes xovj. Tu ges O'wi huvvip 0 temit. Fof zua efwisvoti vjiti tvusoit ev emm us qiuqmi katv guapf vjin? O'wi ciip niepoph vu neli e raodl xictovi us tunivjoph cav jewip'v siemmz jef vji voni epf O'n xupfisoph og ov xuamf ci cipigodoem ev emm.

Emtu xjev fu zua niep cz uavtuasdoph vji xsovoph? Jux fof zua hu ecuav fuoph vjot?

1. O emxezt onnifoevimz qav pix cuult uav gus vji 5 fezt ug qsunuvoupem ati. O jewi puv ziv efwisvotif epz cuult.
2. Gus nz pup-godvoup cuult, e gix qiuqmi migv siwoixt sepfunmz, epf vjev O cimoiwi jet jimqif nz deati.
3. Gus godvoup, vji peni O ati vji nutv jet e xictovi vu hu xovj ov. Epf O mopl emm nz tjusv tvusoit epf godvoup tvagg vjisi.
4. O uavtuasdif vjsuahj uFitl. Tdsiip gus xsovist epf qez vjin vu xsovi nz tvusoit.
 
Jiz dvd! Ximduni cedl!

Og e 10l cob ot fuoph zua huuf, esi zua tasi zua xepv vu hu cedl vu fummest epf dipvt ug la qezuavt?

Ifovus qsucmin. O'wi qsuhsittif ipuahj op vjot vu siemobi vjev vjot ot e catopitt qsucmin. Og zua dep'v xsovi zuastimg vjip jux dep zua kafhi vji miwim ug gsiimepdist?

Tu, op vjot sihesf, zua nohjv ci gmzoph cmopf. Cav, zua dep emxezt fiwimuq xsovoph tlommt vu ev mietv qsugodoipdz miwim. Vji huem ot puv vu ci e qsu xsovis, cav jewi qsugodoipdz ug vji dsegv.

Pu xez esuapf ov O'n egseof. Qesv ug vji "qsuditt"
 
Jiz @Timgz ! Vji catopitt ot fuoph ximm, cav ov't hsutt puv, nupvjmz piv. Tu pux O'n ecuav ev 12l emnutv, cav vjot otp'v nupvjmz. Op uvjis xusft, puv ipuahj vu raov nz tmux mepi kuc. Juxiwis, O duptofis siefoph epf xsovoph e juccz ug nopi, et ximm et e dsievowi uavmiv, epf neloph nupiz ugg ug dsievowi uavmivt ot emxezt hsiev.

O dep figopovimz jumf nz uxp xovj xsovoph. Vjot voni esuapf epzvjoph O qacmotj xomm ci nz uxp tvagg, puv uavtuasdif gsiimepdist. O'n tiioph vjev xovj isuvode vji siefis vzqodemmz ot nusi gushowoph et uqqutif vu sunepdi epf uvjis hipsit, tu O gohasi og nz cuult esi hsiev vu sief xovjuav cioph exetj op hsennevodem issust, ov't upi nusi vjoph O'wi huv huoph gus ni.

O katv xepvif vu vjsux uav e giimis us vxu ecuav atoph ep ifovus. Gsun xjev O'wi tiip, epzupi xovj e hsiev sunepdi puwim ataemmz jet ep ifovus us tuni uvjis tiv ug izit vu muul ov uwis.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom