The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Different Spin on Wine and Paint

Grenade7

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Hey Guys,

I don't know about everyone else's area, but around me there has been an explosion of wine and paint places popping up over the past few years. There are probably 3 in my town alone, and they're all different brands! My girlfriend found this new place near us recently called Board and Brush (https://boardandbrush.com/), and it sounds like a pretty cool idea. The general idea is that you go, you pick out a wooden sign, they have you treat/sand/wax it, have some graphic designs printed on it, and boom - you have a nice piece to hang up at home. Oh, and it's BYOB as well.

I really like how this Board and Brush business took this wine and paint business, and put their own spin on it to make it stand out. As far as I know, they're the only place in the area doing this, and I've never heard of this type of business before. What they did is took the BYOB wine and paint idea, and substituted painting on a canvas with creating nice looking wooden signs to be hung in your home. They look like they come out really nice which is a huge plus because when it comes to painting on a canvas, most people won't be able to create something that they feel is worth hanging.

Not only is the idea unique, but the founder started this in 2015 hosting people in her basement, and has since opened 150 locations nationwide to make it a fast lane business. I'm surprised she has 150 locations and this week was the first time I've heard of it.

I hope this gets people looking at ideas a bit differently. This woman took a fast growing and popular idea, put a new spin on it, added value (creating something worthy of being hung up at home vs an ugly painting), and turned it into passive income for herself.

Thanks,
Michael

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted50669

Hey Guys,

I don't know about everyone else's area, but around me there has been an explosion of wine and paint places popping up over the past few years. There are probably 3 in my town alone, and they're all different brands! My girlfriend found this new place near us recently called Board and Brush (https://boardandbrush.com/), and it sounds like a pretty cool idea. The general idea is that you go, you pick out a wooden sign, they have you treat/sand/wax it, have some graphic designs printed on it, and boom - you have a nice piece to hang up at home. Oh, and it's BYOB as well.

I really like how this Board and Brush business took this wine and paint business, and put their own spin on it to make it stand out. As far as I know, they're the only place in the area doing this, and I've never heard of this type of business before. What they did is took the BYOB wine and paint idea, and substituted painting on a canvas with creating nice looking wooden signs to be hung in your home. They look like they come out really nice which is a huge plus because when it comes to painting on a canvas, most people won't be able to create something that they feel is worth hanging.

Not only is the idea unique, but the founder started this in 2015 hosting people in her basement, and has since opened 150 locations nationwide to make it a fast lane business. I'm surprised she has 150 locations and this week was the first time I've heard of it.

I hope this gets people looking at ideas a bit differently. This woman took a fast growing and popular idea, put a new spin on it, added value (creating something worthy of being hung up at home vs an ugly painting), and turned it into passive income for herself.

Thanks,
Michael
I've seen those and agree that it's a viable idea. Do you know if it requires a liquor license?

Grenade7

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I've seen those and agree that it's a viable idea. Do you know if it requires a liquor license?
It depends on state and municipal law. In my state, NJ, it is BYOB is allowed by law without a permit. Some municipalities can disallow it though. Also, the NJ law only allows wine and beer - no spirits.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.