The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Differences between wordpress.com and .org?

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
So I'm gonna ask a noob question here. Is there a difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org. I'm taking the first step and trying to set up a blog. As I mentioned to wildambitions on sparechange's thread I would give WP a shot when I created my next site. Being a person of my word and also trying to learn more, I'm wanting to give WP a shot. On wordpress.org it has a program that you can actually download, and boasts about it's 5 minute install, and then on wordpress.com it just mentions signing up and get started blogging. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Wordpress.org offers free download of the blog software to host on your own.

Wordpress.com is a free hosted site that host your blog on their server. You will need to pay for the upgrade (disk space and add-on features).

If you are serious to build your own brand or have total control of your site. Download the blog software from WordPress.org and install on your own hosting account and go from there.

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
Thank you Terence! I actually forgot to mention in my post but I did register the domain today, and that's what was stumping me. I've downloaded the wordpress.org, right now I'm waiting for all the registration stuff to be complete with my host then I reckon I can start building.

madison

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Apr 8, 2009
Some web hosts have an automatic install of Wordpress that you can do via Fantastico, so you may not need the download from Wordpress.org.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Yea, look for fantastico on the cpanel of your hosting account. Basically a one click method to install wordpress.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.