The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any differences between WordPress Themes vs Website Templates?

Molattee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 9, 2013
Indonesia - Jakarta
Greetings Everyone!

For quite sometime now I've been having difficulty in finding the right theme for my blog/website. In fact, the process of finding just the "perfect" theme has been going on and off for about a month now. Now I am on the verge of just finding someone to create my website from scratch. Which brings me to the reason why I'm creating this thread: to ask several questions.

1) Are there any advantage differences between WordPress Themes vs Website Templates?
2) Are professionally created websites more likely to succeed (in terms of traffic and credibility) than self-created WordPress themes?
3) Are ALL websites created with some sort of an already existing template?

Should I or should I not spend the cash for my website?

I know these may seem as rhetorical questions but its just something that has been bothering me as of late.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
1. A pre-made theme you just upload and activate in the wordpress dashboard. If you are using wordpress, and you find a regular website template you like, you have to either pay someone to code it into a theme or do it yourself.
2. Wordpress is just a platform, there are others. The success of your site is more dependent on your marketing than the platform. Any platform can work for you if you optimize it or against you if you use it wrong.
3. Not ALL.

If you could describe what it is your website is or does it would be easier to make a better recommendation. The thing with Wordpress for do-it-yourselfers is that it makes it easy to put a site together through configuration / point and click stuff. But there are other popular platforms too like Joomla and Drupal.

blancseing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 1, 2013
Texas!
I feel your pain. Finding just the right theme is difficult. I'm also worried that using WordPress will somehow come back to bite me in the future. That being said, I've used it for a couple websites. I use SoloStream themes. They have a ton, and they are well supported. If you purchase a membership you are allowed to use any of the themes on any of your websites. Not sure if that is useful for your project or not, but I thought it was pretty neat. Good luck!

Molattee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 9, 2013
Indonesia - Jakarta
1. A pre-made theme you just upload and activate in the wordpress dashboard. If you are using wordpress, and you find a regular website template you like, you have to either pay someone to code it into a theme or do it yourself.
2. Wordpress is just a platform, there are others. The success of your site is more dependent on your marketing than the platform. Any platform can work for you if you optimize it or against you if you use it wrong.
3. Not ALL.

If you could describe what it is your website is or does it would be easier to make a better recommendation. The thing with Wordpress for do-it-yourselfers is that it makes it easy to put a site together through configuration / point and click stuff. But there are other popular platforms too like Joomla and Drupal.

I feel your pain. Finding just the right theme is difficult. I'm also worried that using WordPress will somehow come back to bite me in the future. That being said, I've used it for a couple websites. I use SoloStream themes. They have a ton, and they are well supported. If you purchase a membership you are allowed to use any of the themes on any of your websites. Not sure if that is useful for your project or not, but I thought it was pretty neat. Good luck!

Thank you for the input, you two!

As for my website, it is a website that deals with Relationships Development. The only purpose of the website is just to share information regarding relationships.

It may seem that any theme would be suitable for such a simple niche - but I'm looking for more than just an ordinary theme. I'm looking for a theme that has a 'daily quote' feature, where I can change daily quotes and it would appear on the main page.

The ideal theme I'm looking for is a theme that is clean, has a footer section enabled, social networks activated, etc etc..you get the idea.

I've shifted back and forth between themes and there's still something that annoys me. The fact that I'm not competent with coding also bugs me.

So far I've used a couple of themes made by ThemeForest and Elegant Themes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

blancseing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Nov 1, 2013
Texas!
I'm looking for a theme that has a 'daily quote' feature, where I can change daily quotes and it would appear on the main page.

There may be a widget or plugin that would allow you to put a daily quote. Here are a few I stumbled across:

http://wpgpl.com/wordpress-plugins/make-quotes-with-simple-daily-quotes-plugin/
http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-daily-quotes/

Not sure if that is what you're looking for, or how much you have by way of resources. Hopefully this helps!

Molattee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 9, 2013
Indonesia - Jakarta
There may be a widget or plugin that would allow you to put a daily quote. Here are a few I stumbled across:

http://wpgpl.com/wordpress-plugins/make-quotes-with-simple-daily-quotes-plugin/
http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-daily-quotes/

Not sure if that is what you're looking for, or how much you have by way of resources. Hopefully this helps!

That will definitely help! Thanks! :)

Now I just need to know whether or not I need to hire a web-designer or there's a theme that suites my preferences.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.