The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Did You Lose 13% Of Your Net Worth in the Last 10 Days?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Did You Lose 13% Of Your Net Worth In The Last 10 Days?*|*theFastlaneToMillions.com

I know we try to be positive around here, but this is concerning for those of us who feel "Cash is King" -- we should be aware that we are still exposed to significant market risk even if we've been out of the stock market for months. (Like I have)

If you have comments, please comment on the article side. And of course, if you like, please bookmark at your favorite social place.

MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I've heard a bunch of pundits saying that a currency crisis is going to be the next step for us to go through. I guess it's time ot load up on canned goods and ammo again :)

- Hakrjak

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Move to Canada, my net worth went up 13% in the last 10 days (relative to US$ anyways) ;)

Unfortunately I mostly get paid in Greenbacks so it's all about a wash to me.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

venom

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 6, 2007
I rather lose 20 % of my money than move to the frozen tundra ....Brrrr
I think your nuts for living there. Especially if you have the means to live in a more temperate climate. :coco:

I am more concerned with my money "evaporatiing" in the stock market.
Since we are suppose to be experiencing deflation. My money should be buying more.

GLC65

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 7, 2008
Illinois
I own couple of dozen exotic cars, mainly Lamborghinis and Ferraris, and every single one of my exotic cars must have depreciated at least 50%. Fortunately, I did not purchase them as investments. I really do feel bad for the hard working people that held a long position in the securites markets. As long as you do not hold them in margin, I would not worry to much about it. I do not know how much my real estate portfolio has depreciated, and I know it did tank hard. I am just grateful that I am above water. Never ever seen the economy like this before. I am afraid that it will get much worse before it starts to get better.

G

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Lots of cheap fancy cars on Ebay right now if you have money to spend....

It's like the Great Depression though -- People were selling brand new Rolls Royces in the streets if you had $100 cash, and nobody had the $100 to buy them. ;)

- Hakrjak

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I own couple of dozen exotic cars, mainly Lamborghinis and Ferraris, and every single one of my exotic cars must have depreciated at least 50%. Fortunately, I did not purchase them as investments.
G

I have been looking for one lately and I am amazed at the price drops. I see cars listed back in June and every month it looks like the owners drop the price $5,000 - $10,000. I also see alot of SOLD cars coming back because the new buyer can't get financing.

My biggest problem is that these cars don't drive well in the snow and the best prices right now seem to be in the cold weather states. I really don't want to get the car delivered, I'd rather drive it 2000 miles home. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GLC65

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 7, 2008
Illinois
I have been looking for one lately and I am amazed at the price drops. I see cars listed back in June and every month it looks like the owners drop the price $5,000 - $10,000. I also see alot of SOLD cars coming back because the new buyer can't get financing.

My biggest problem is that these cars don't drive well in the snow and the best prices right now seem to be in the cold weather states. I really don't want to get the car delivered, I'd rather drive it 2000 miles home. :)

I have a great friend, Piero Navarro, who owns an independent exotic car dealership in West Palm Beach, Florida. His website is www.modexotics.com . I currently shipped ten cars there for the winter for him to do full service on them. He is the only person I trust to work on all of my 20 plus exotic cars I own. He not only sells cars, but sells parts and has a full service repair shop and body shop. If you tell him what car you are in the market for, he can go with you or by himself and his mechanics and purchase a car from a auction and service it and his price is extremely reasonable but most importantly, he is honest. Bottom line is you get a new car (all punchlist whether mechanical or cosmetic corrected) for the price of a used car. He has regular clients, mostly celebrities, who he caters to. I strongly recommend him to anyone who not only wants to buy a new car but to anyone that needs to get their cars serviced. He is also the exclusive Larini Exhaust dealer of North America and is an authorized Lamborghini, Ferrari, Posrche, and Mercedes Benz parts dealer. His name is Piero Navarro and his number is 561-841-7808.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.