The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Did the money really make it better?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
Hello everyone. I see all of these people around me where I live. Some are moving, some stay. It got me thinking. I'm missing out.....I don't need to run away and never see my family again, my family can come with me....but where I live is just....:sigh:

What do I mean?

I look at pictures of big houses on the beach, other countries, all different types of people, and I really want that.

Normally I was ok with being in a static location, so-to-speak, but now it is actually making me work harder.

I don't wanna be secluded in this area. I don't want to be the one always being left behind when people move.

To be able to go wherever, to hop in a car and drive until I run out of gas and not give a shit.

I am assuming some of you wealthy people/fastlaners on here had a time in your life where that was all so surreal...but not now.

On my youtube channel I put a video up that was me acting in character, and so far it has 500 views and every-single-person who watched it has believed that the character was REAL. The thing is, it is nothing like me.

What does that have to do with anything??? That, just to me felt surreal enough. It gave me hope of becoming an actor (Obviously I am still working on the fast lane) and when I get a tiny taste of the surrealism, and what could be... I start to feel as if it is actually happening, forcing me to work harder, and I just want it to be here already. I am fine with waiting and working for it, but there is still a little part of me that says "IT WON'T HAPPEN!", althought I know it could!

Am I thankful for the present, do I live in the present, appreciate every little thing? YES. But I want to take it to the next step.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
My plan is to work the 2 jobs I am working now (One is season) and continually work my a$$ of until I can live off of my funds from my advertising website. Hell, I may not even quit the job after I can live off it because its just extra money.

The acting? For a hobby I upload videos, but lately I have been getting more and more into, and they have been becoming more and more receptive. It was up until like 3 months ago where I made a promise with myself that I wouldn't give up anymore. This is not highschool, I have no safety net. This is life. I have to make it my own, no one is going to do it for me, the world owes me nothing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ok, Ill bite...

Why haven't you moved? I moved and was broke -- I barely had a functioning car.

Pretty much the only asset I had was a great credit score.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I believe it was you that said it, I could be wrong. People say they dream of living in New York for example. They move to New York and find they can't even afford to live there. They live in the slums/cheaper areas of it and don't get the full experience they had built up in their minds. So all the money they are using for rent is the money they could be using to build up the company they own so that one day when it gets big enough they will be able to live there the way they pictured it.

I'm fine with where I live now, but I want to get that speed!

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Ok, Ill bite...

Why haven't you moved? I moved and was broke -- I barely had a functioning car.

Pretty much the only asset I had was a great credit score.

MJ from what i remember, you were still a pretty focused guy at the time with maybe a half a$$ plan at least. i dont think everyone should be advised to just move out... dont get me wrong i did it as well but i was so motivated i didnt care which im sure you felt the same way. Many people say they want this or that but wont work 80 hours a week at some crap job not knowing if they will be broke or rich one day.

don't get the full experience they had built up in their minds. So all the money they are using for rent is the money they could be using to build up the company they own so that one day when it gets big enough they will be able to live there the way they pictured it.
'
This is just procrastination, your getting older everyday, life isnt going to wait around for you to ACT when YOUR ready. A wealthy friend gave me some advice and said i had a big flaw... he said stop waiting to do things until you are more successful, he said act the way you would if you were rich.... even if you have no money. Basically dont say oh i cant network with those guys because their rich, i cant go here because i clean tables, etc. It is very true..... start acting the way you would if you were rich, right now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.