The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! Did It: Zero to $12k a Month While Traveling the World

21elnegocio

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Feb 28, 2012
Tempe, AZ
First of all great F*cken story man, that is the life I want to live. Pack my bags and leave somewhere else, with that said I wanted to see what you would recommend me to look into buying that gives you that life style?

Also where do I look for this business ?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
GoodluckChuck

GoodluckChuck

Grateful Member
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2017
my house
First of all great F*cken story man, that is the life I want to live. Pack my bags and leave somewhere else, with that said I wanted to see what you would recommend me to look into buying that gives you that life style?

Also where do I look for this business ?
The lifestyle I've enjoyed over the last few years is based on having few obligations and no liabilities.

Nobody was relying on me for support so I could effectively disappear for a year and nobody would suffer.

I also had very little debt. I actually coasted around a 0 bottom line for a year. I would have like 6k in the bank and 6k on the credit card. This happened a few times.

Over time the balance improved and I made sure to keep the debt at 0. That way, worst case scenario I was starting at scratch. I'm kind of a hustler so I've never not been able to put food in my belly.

Another thing to note is that I didn't decide what lifestyle I wanted and then set out to get it. I had an idea but I really just winged it. I knew more about what I didn't want than what I wanted.

I also have a girlfriend who is Scrappy as F*ck when it comes to getting remote jobs on demand and being willing to travel. My life would have been less luxurious had she not been around since her job paid for a lot of the places we spent time at in 2018.

That's the thing. She quit her job and hit the road too. One week in she decides it was boring and started looking for a remote job. One week later she was hired at Remote Year and we bounced to Mexico for 3 months so she could train.

Point of mentioning that is this: There are a million ways to get what you want. The hard part is being certain that you want it. Sometimes it's easier to know what you don't want. Like me, I didn't want to be tied to any one place. I also didn't want to spend another year in the same life I had been living. That was enough to push me out the door.

If you don't have any obligations and you want to travel, get your a$$ out the door and figure it out. If you have a fighter spirit you will figure it out.

If you travel abroad, get travelers insurance!

demirciler

New Contributor
Feb 2, 2019
I started blocking my calendar for these tasks every day. It works better like this because that way none of these things ever hit the back burner. If you take your foot off the gas in any of these areas for too long, then it takes 100x more work to catch back up, if you even can...

This ties in nicely with the patience idea. Now that I am really settling in for the long haul and thinking longer term, I see how a little progress in each of these areas each day will add up to huge results over time. That's the... what do you call it?.. oh yea, the process!
Thank you for keeping us updated and sharing your lessons! I definitely agree with this in every area of your life. The main reason I couldn't get successful is that getting in a loop which I constantly switching between gas and brake and not working on anything consistently.

It's hard to be patient and keep going when results are not coming and hold your ego when the success happens. You should always keep yourself on track because momentum is the hardest to get and very very easy to lose.

OP
OP
GoodluckChuck

GoodluckChuck

Grateful Member
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Thank you for keeping us updated and sharing your lessons! I definitely agree with this in every area of your life. The main reason I couldn't get successful is that getting in a loop which I constantly switching between gas and brake and not working on anything consistently.

It's hard to be patient and keep going when results are not coming and hold your ego when the success happens. You should always keep yourself on track because momentum is the hardest to get and very very easy to lose.
75 Hard has been the best tool for getting "into the loop" and gaining momentum.

I'm on day 67/75 and it's been life changing. Its become a way of life and I don't want to go back.

I recommend completing this challenge for anyone who has a hard time sticking to things and thinking long term.

Reactions: Fox

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom