The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Did it ever just feel more reachable?

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
My business has been doing okay. I am working to automate it, but that is incredibly hard within itself. Finding good people I can trust to do things is hard among other issues.

Personally I am struggling bad. Everything I make is reinvested into the business. I work 24/7 just working on my business. Not always sales, but working on systems. researching, figuring things out. Ie: How do I get receipts for my customers? Seems dumb, but before this I never had a clue. I had to figure it out.

I have no income coming in. Reinvesting my money into the company is a huge reason why my company has done so well. I have some small savings, but after this month its gone.

Watching hundreds, thousands, be reinvested into the company hurts. It is hard fighting the temptation to take some. I made $300 today, I am sitting here staring at it. I know what the money could be used for company wise. I also know what bills it could pay off. I know I could take some, but I do not want to.

My question is this. For you successful guys out there, as you progressed, did it just seem more possible? I am not killing it. But as I go on it feels closer and closer. Like I know I will get there. It seemed impossible in the past. But now I have a strong feeling inside I will get there. As each part of my business is built, or automated. I feel closer. I do not know how to explain it. Today sucked, it was my birthday but I spent it doing a job for a customer. It was 106 degrees outside. But no matter how much it sucked I thought about the company. The company itself pushed me. It's not money for me, its money for my business to grow. Once it grows enough it will pay me. Even a small amount of $300 grows the business ever so much. I'm working like a slave for my company so it will work for me in the future.

Anyone ever feel like that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I'm working like a slave for my company so it will work for me in the future.

Just be sure you're in the right car for the destination you're trying to drive to.

I see a lot of people chasing goals that the path they're on won't take them to, but they're so head down and busy that they don't realize it.

If you are, and the end goal is meaningful enough to you, some sacrifice will be necessary and expected.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Just be sure you're in the right car for the destination you're trying to drive to.

I see a lot of people chasing goals that the path they're on won't take them to, but they're so head down and busy that they don't realize it.

If you are, and the end goal is meaningful enough to you, some sacrifice will be necessary and expected.

I want my family to be taken care of. I want big houses and fast cars. I want freedom. I want to live an amazing life and not a average one.

I have no particular interest in the industry I am in. But I make money and it is working.

My plan is to automate it within the year. Take the passive income and reinvest it into the business and other businesses as well.

I expected it to suck. I expected obstacles. I have no issue working like a slave for a few years so I can live like a king the rest of my life.

I love the process. Its hard work but I see it coming together. It just feels reachable now you know? Personally I am struggling and feel trapped. But I have also never felt more liberated. It feels amazing to know what I am working towards. I know what I want to do with my life.

My friend has been struggling for money. I let him work for me today and I paid him 13/hr, I gave him a bonus on top of that. It felt amazing to help him by giving him a job.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
I want my family to be taken care of. I want big houses and fast cars. I want freedom. I want to live an amazing life and not a average one.

I have no particular interest in the industry I am in. But I make money and it is working.

My plan is to automate it within the year. Take the passive income and reinvest it into the business and other businesses as well.

I expected it to suck. I expected obstacles. I have no issue working like a slave for a few years so I can live like a king the rest of my life.

I love the process. Its hard work but I see it coming together. It just feels reachable now you know? Personally I am struggling and feel trapped. But I have also never felt more liberated. It feels amazing to know what I am working towards. I know what I want to do with my life.

My friend has been struggling for money. I let him work for me today and I paid him 13/hr, I gave him a bonus on top of that. It felt amazing to help him by giving him a job.
You need income to survive. I would instead pay yourself for working rather than your friend so you can pay your bills

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Maybe switch industries? Find an industry YOU LIKE, and you'll work harder.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Maybe switch industries? Find an industry YOU LIKE, and you'll work harder.

I work as much as possible. Literally my entire day revolves around this. If I am not on a job or closing sales I am at home working on the systems. I love making money so I love what I do

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I work as much as possible. Literally my entire day revolves around this. If I am not on a job or closing sales I am at home working on the systems. I love making money so I love what I do
But do you LOVE the industry? Making money is great, but at the end of the day, you'll only have the satisfaction of creating something with your own two hands. It is up to you whether you work on something you HATE, or something you LOVE.

Jeremy Groover

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Nov 26, 2014
Orlando Florida

"I love money so I love what I do" haha I like it. Im kinda in the same boat. Im not particularly fond of my industry, but I am fu*king awesome at it. I have only been working in it for less then 2 year but I understand it more then some guys Ive met that have been doing it 30 years. The way I look at it is, this is not something I plan on "working" forever. Im gonna build it to a certain point and let it ride. Then eventually sell it. Every month I have been growing anywhere from 50%-300% the bigger I get the lower that % becomes, obviously. But I like money, Im great at it and I am building a brand that is setting a new norm and will take my industry by storm. If I can get it to where Im making 10k a month by this time next year and only investing 5-8 hours a week into it, I would consider this a success. Will I get to the level I am striving for off 10k a month? Nope, but I will be able to sustain the life I am living now and have 70% of my income left over each month for new ventures and thats the ticket. Getting to a point where you can live the life you are accustomed to and have plenty left over to reinvest or experiment with in different ventures. Look at it like this. If you start with $200 and double it every month, youll have 200k in 10 months. Now scale that up to starting with 10k or 40k. Baby steps of course but you have to figure out a way to turn scooting on the floor into crawling, then stubbling then walking, running so forth. No one goes from scooting to marathon sprinting. Your doing a good job man. YOU need to know that your happy doing it and YOU believe in yourself. You may not like it, but if done right youll like the outcome.

Jeremy

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
"I love money so I love what I do" haha I like it. Im kinda in the same boat. Im not particularly fond of my industry, but I am fu*king awesome at it. I have only been working in it for less then 2 year but I understand it more then some guys Ive met that have been doing it 30 years. The way I look at it is, this is not something I plan on "working" forever. Im gonna build it to a certain point and let it ride. Then eventually sell it. Every month I have been growing anywhere from 50%-300% the bigger I get the lower that % becomes, obviously. But I like money, Im great at it and I am building a brand that is setting a new norm and will take my industry by storm. If I can get it to where Im making 10k a month by this time next year and only investing 5-8 hours a week into it, I would consider this a success. Will I get to the level I am striving for off 10k a month? Nope, but I will be able to sustain the life I am living now and have 70% of my income left over each month for new ventures and thats the ticket. Getting to a point where you can live the life you are accustomed to and have plenty left over to reinvest or experiment with in different ventures. Look at it like this. If you start with $200 and double it every month, youll have 200k in 10 months. Now scale that up to starting with 10k or 40k. Baby steps of course but you have to figure out a way to turn scooting on the floor into crawling, then stubbling then walking, running so forth. No one goes from scooting to marathon sprinting. Your doing a good job man. YOU need to know that your happy doing it and YOU believe in yourself. You may not like it, but if done right youll like the outcome.

Jeremy

We are similar in thinking. Right now my goal is just $100 a day in passive income. I feel close. Only issue is finding good people

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
You need income to survive. I would instead pay yourself for working rather than your friend so you can pay your bills

Or continue to pay my friend so he can take over operations and train my other employees.

Then automate the labor side.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
I'm all for going for the glory and I too work like a dog every week - Sometimes hating it but knowing it's necessary to get me to the next steps in my success. I sometimes feel stuck but look back and see all the strides forward and have the confidence I can achieve things well beyond where I am today.

However, I also realize life isn't forever. Being 25 isn't forever. There are experiences that I need to have now or they'll be gone and I can never get them back. I'm not saying go out boozing every weekend and frivolously spend. What I am saying though - it's ok to enjoy life. Don't stop working hard, but don't neglect your friendships, and family. Don't feel upset splurging every once in a while on something that will bring you enjoyment that you deserve. I guarantee it won't ruin your progress and maybe in fact it'll help it because enjoying life and being happy creates an attitude that will make the journey that much more tolerable and winable.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Or continue to pay my friend so he can take over operations and train my other employees.

You can do what you want man, Im not the one that needs to pay your bills.

But when you ask for advice realize practicality matters.

Jeremy Groover

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Nov 26, 2014
Orlando Florida

My $0.02,

Work like a dog and save your money. Get to a point that you have enough saved up to where you can afford to hire someone and relieve your work load to focus on expansion and plan low on expansion and have the funds to float long enough to reach said expansion level to where it evens out. Hopefully that makes sense. Then load up your new employee with a full load and take the rest while still working on expansion and continue to take on the work until you reach the work load you had alone before you hired someone and hire another guy. Continue this until the "left over" after everything and everyone is paid become a number your happy with then work on "automation" becuase automation cost more then you think. You are basically going to have to find someone to cover and repeat the process you just did and that doesnt come cheap. Expect to pay your top man at least 180-200 percent of a regular worker and then offer incentive afterwards. Finding that guy will be tough and before you get to that point, you need to figure out if your in a feild where you will be comfortable allowing someone to run your brand and do almost as good as a job as you. I try to explain it like this. Say hypothetically you were a big shot brain surgeon, would you ever trust someone to operate under your name behind a closed door where only you and the hire surgeon knew this was happening? I hope you would say no to that. Now what about if instead of a brain surgeon, you were a man who owned a landscaping company, that answer would hopefully change to yes Id let someone run that business. You need to make sure that your feild is not a brain surgeon or you are just creating another job for yourself. Could you get rich? Yep you sure could, would you plateau eventually? Yep on that too. You only have 24hrs a day and can only do so much with it. You will never have "freedom" with a full time job.

Again, just my opinion....

Jeremy Groover

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Nov 26, 2014
Orlando Florida

I disagree with this. Only bring in someone when you NEED to. Not to make it easier or to help someone. Hire him later, if you choose to. But hiring someone for a business that isnt at least covering your bills is a few steps ahead of the rest of the body. That time will come but I truely believe now is not the time. You need to make sure you are making money first. If need be hire him for certain jobs to get more done but I wouldnt make it set in stone yet. That really isnt a good idea and you are in no need to train someone on something that isnt making you full time money. You have the right steps but they're in the wrong order

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
I disagree with this. Only bring in someone when you NEED to. Not to make it easier or to help someone. Hire him later, if you choose to. But hiring someone for a business that isnt at least covering your bills is a few steps ahead of the rest of the body. That time will come but I truely believe now is not the time. You need to make sure you are making money first. If need be hire him for certain jobs to get more done but I wouldnt make it set in stone yet. That really isnt a good idea and you are in no need to train someone on something that isnt making you full time money. You have the right steps but they're in the wrong order

I have to have a minimum of two people for each job. My friend was not a typical worker for me. I just let him go with me this time as opposed to other people I would have called. I am toying with the idea of letting him manage in the future.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
You can do what you want man, Im not the one that needs to pay your bills.

But when you ask for advice realize practicality matters.

You are correct. I apologize. I can be stubborn sometimes. I guess that is a blessing and a curse.

I appreciate the advice, I am keeping $100 for myself out of each job now.

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m

Sounds as though you might get some value out of finding out what your clients/customers want? It's important to know what you want, but the market doesn't care about that. If cashflow is a problem, maybe you need to offer more value in your product/services?

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Sounds as though you might get some value out of finding out what your clients/customers want? It's important to know what you want, but the market doesn't care about that. If cashflow is a problem, maybe you need to offer more value in your product/services?

It's a multi-billion dollar industry. The interest is there. I tested out the idea before I started. And my business has been operating in profit since it began. So I know I am providing the value. Only issue is marketing. Which I am working on now.

My service is 25%-50% cheaper than all the local competition. On occasion my rates are even lower than people operating illegally. I am also the only company doing things the way I do them. I have very real differentiating factors. The service is not the issue. The only problem I have is marketing. Which like I said I am working on. After that is taken care of I can start automating everything. Within a few months I easily see myself getting $100 a day in passive income.

This is why I am taking so much risk and was not paying myself. I see the company paying me back very soon.

I know it sounds weird. But if you knew the full details you would see it

Jeremy Groover

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Nov 26, 2014
Orlando Florida
It's a multi-billion dollar industry. The interest is there. I tested out the idea before I started. And my business has been operating in profit since it began. So I know I am providing the value. Only issue is marketing. Which I am working on now.

My service is 25%-50% cheaper than all the local competition. On occasion my rates are even lower than people operating illegally. I am also the only company doing things the way I do them. I have very real differentiating factors. The service is not the issue. The only problem I have is marketing. Which like I said I am working on. After that is taken care of I can start automating everything. Within a few months I easily see myself getting $100 a day in passive income.

This is why I am taking so much risk and was not paying myself. I see the company paying me back very soon.

I know it sounds weird. But if you knew the full details you would see it

Are you familiar with "perceived value"? If not- preceived value is what someone thinks its worth based on factors like competitor pricing, and the presentation of the company just to name a few. Discounting a price too much can actually hurt you. Think of it like this- you buy the same product from two places. Well say its a garden hose. You purchase one from your local dollar store for $7.00 and one from Lowes or Home Depot (whatever you have near you) for $19.99. Most people and I would confidently say over 95% would automatically assume the hose from the dollar store is cheaper quality because "how can I buy the same quality of the almost same product for 65% less" there has to be a difference is quality if they look the same".

I usually frown on discounting a service that far from the market standard because of a few reasons.

1. Your overhead or costs going out will eventually increase (if done right) for things like marketing, liability insurance, taxes, unemployment, workmens compensation, vehicles and insurance on those. And once you have prices set in stone it looks very bad to just start hiking them up on people quickly. You will have to gradually do it and your business will suffer if not done at the right time.

2. Its clear you have a labor company of some sort. With too low of prices your going to draw in the "cheap pain in the a$$ crowd" and some will disagree but in a labor service company, your gonna wanna stay far away from those people. TRUST ME. I mean look at the people of Walmart VS the people of Target for and example.

3. Too low of prices make you work harder for no reason. What I mean by this is you have to work even more to make your goal. Ex. Sell a $500.00 service to 2000 people and you make $1M. Discount that by only 7 dollars and you now have to sell that service to 29 more people to make the $1M mark. That 29 people you are now paying employees to do the job, gas, and materials ect.

When it comes to labor service companies, its not bad to have competitive prices because yes it does appeal to most people to have lower prices. However, most people would rather buy the "hose from Lowes" because they want the most for their money. Most people will pay a little more then the norm to get better quality or more service for their money. Maybe offer a better service for the market norm and market that aspect of it or garuntee a shorter time frame or its discounted while charging a little more then the market norm. Cheaper is not always better unless you are selling a brand name well known and accessible product cheaper then others like how Amazon has done. You do not have a product like that so cheaper in your case would do nothong more then get you a little more business and more work for less money. Your customers will eventually get irritated becuase one week your do a job for $500 and they refer a freind which calls you 2 weeks later. In that time youve had to hire another guy and now youll have to charge more to pay them and they wont care. The only thing they see is 2 weeks ago you did a job for their friend for $500.00 and now you want $625.00 to do the exact same job. They dont give a shit what the reason is and chances are, they will not refer you to one of their friends.

The end of my book lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.