• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Did anyone else screw up in business so bad that they are stuck in the slowlane?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by MoreValue, Oct 8, 2018.

1. MoreValue

MoreValue Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $387
    I am making this thread to make myself feel better, but yeah I am currently stuck in the slowlane now due to taking on the fastlane. I took 100% and went all in. I have lost so much. At this rate, my failed fastlane venture has made me an indentured slave. I can’t count how much I have lost, but I pretty much just locked myself in slowlane slavery for what it seems a lifetime...

SYK and throttleforward like this.
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $187,988
  3. Conrad

Conrad Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $65
    Been there, still struggling, but if you don't fail, you dont learn. Next time you won't make the same mistakes, as long as you have your end goal. Try investing 10-25% instead of all-in. Look for Kelly criteria ;-)

Shirkahn and Kingmaker like this.
  4. throttleforward

throttleforward Platinum Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $13,367
    Yep :) I continue to owe tons of money from my failed crate rental business (no to me tion lingering health and marriage issues). I have been fortunate to have a decent-paying day job and have excelled there, but I feel the pain of that failure regularly.

The key, however, is to get back up and try again. I suggest reading this: https://www.amazon.com/Success-Through-Positive-Mental-Attitude-ebook/dp/B0030HKYUG

You can find free PDFs of it online.

SYK and Kingmaker like this.
  5. Bryan James

Bryan James Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,005
    Happens to the best of us. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Business is not a lottery and failure is a certainty in all business endeavors. The point is to learn from your mistakes and make the necessary changes next time.

Shirkahn and jon.M like this.
  6. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille Sweeping Shadows from Dreams Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $54,578
    Yup, several times. But no slowlane prison can hold me. Escaped more times than I can count. Got good at it. Now I just work on evasion skills. Pretty good at that now too.

:D

Dramolion, amp0193, jon.M and 4 others like this.
  7. LaraJF

LaraJF Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $494
    I'm still in big credit card debt and have been looking for a job to get it paid off while still working on one business model. It happens.

8. scott wisniewsk

scott wisniewsk Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $809
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and you learn a lesson . I have some painful lessons learned . It can be like the school of hard knocks . That school is free but its going to cost you .

9. Shirkahn

Shirkahn Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $212
    I know that feeling all too well!!! But I have stopped looking at it as having lost all my savings, created bad credit or simply thrown money down the toilet. I call the school fees!

So learn from your mistakes and make such those school fees are recouped.

I am currently also recovering from a failed a sale of my business. Basically I sold it being confident the new owner would run it like I did and he could simply pay me off over time while I go on a sabbatical and start looking for new ventures. Well, it turns out he couldn’t run the business and couldn’t pay me anything and instead forget to sign over surety that’s now left for me to fight in court.

I must be honest these have been my highest school fees ever and I am coasting in the slow lane right now but only until I grab that next opportunity.

Don’t regret it - learn from it.

Dramolion likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.