The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Diagnosis.....He's going to make it

KnottedUp

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Dec 5, 2016
Bad news/Good news.

Bad news is I'm 40.

Good news is I've found hope and I'm ONLY 40.

I found this forum when I was searching the internet for ways to invest money and earn passive income. I've been employed with the same company for almost 20 years and make a decent living. My wife has been with her company for 22 years and also makes good money. So we've been able to save up some capital to invest.

I thought I would just hop on google and find a few places to stick some money and watch the returns come pouring in. I found plenty of places to put my money, but they just didn't pass "the sniff test".

Somehow I ended up at this forum and started reading some threads. The information from the GOLD posts sounded simple, valuable, and ACTIONABLE. I thought, can it really be as simple as taking action on an idea?

Apparently it can if what I was reading was to be believed. BUT it meant I would actually have to put in some effort. I read about it being a process. It takes time. It takes action. It takes determination. It takes a mindset change. It means you have to start thinking about other people. It means you should add value. IT MEANS WORK.

Wait a minute!

You're telling me that I can't get rich from my "decent paying" 9-5 job?

You mean I have to DO SOMETHING?

So I downloaded a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane on my kindle to try to absorb this "new" way of thinking. After reading it I felt like I had definitely wasted part of my life but it also inspired me. I was brought up in the mindset of get a good job, work hard all your life, and then retire happy with a little bit of money. I like MJ's way of thinking much better!

I know a lot of new members have come before me and many more will come after me with the same perspective. We found something new and inspiring. We get excited and talk of the things to come. How we're going to change our lives. But how many really do?

I've worked in a crappy job, with crappy bosses, for a crappy company that makes it clear to you that you're not important for too long. It's time for a change.

I'm REALLY inspired by the stories I read on here by the younger folks taking a shot at it. What do you really have to lose when you're just starting out? Not much.

At 40 years old this is the one thing I would like to tell all the younger generation.

Go ahead and try something that you want. ANYTHING. So what if you fail? You have a lifetime ahead of you to to get a job. I wish I would I have tried half of the business ideas I had when I was younger. Would most of them worked? Probably NOT! But I would have learned a ton and still not been any worse off financially at that point in life. Hell, broke is broke. But I would have been light years ahead in my business knowledge of all the people that didn't try! And I wouldn't have any regrets.

If you get "stuck" in job you don't enjoy for years it starts to rob you of your identity, self confidence, dreams, hopes, ambitions, and life in general. I don't mean to sound so dramatic but it's true.

Anyway. If you've bothered to read this far I hope you got something out of this rambling introduction.

See you around.

I

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
Welcome!

Thanks for the words of wisdom... I'm 22, was stuck in the thinkings of the slowlane, Diploma, Get a job, work 9-5. I sure as hell am going to try my best to attempt any business ideas I have.

The book woke up something deep within me, and it's hungry. I'm glad it got to you too. I only joined a week ago and the knowledge that sits here is a absolute gold mine so go to the Gold forums read through tons of the posts and learn their stories. It's a real eye opener, start a progress thread, post your thoughts, ideas, you never know who's watching!

KnottedUp

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Dec 5, 2016
Thanks for the replies and likes. They are truly inspirational.

That was literally the first thing I've ever posted online. I've never interacted at a forum before. I don't even have a facebook account.(Oh the horror)

I will get a progress thread started this weekend. I'm excited to think about the changes I will have made and how far I will have come in a year from now! Even 6 months or 1 month from now.

I'm off to read through some posts and work on my mindset shift.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Bad news/Good news.

Bad news is I'm 40.

Good news is I've found hope and I'm ONLY 40.

I found this forum when I was searching the internet for ways to invest money and earn passive income. I've been employed with the same company for almost 20 years and make a decent living. My wife has been with her company for 22 years and also makes good money. So we've been able to save up some capital to invest.

I thought I would just hop on google and find a few places to stick some money and watch the returns come pouring in. I found plenty of places to put my money, but they just didn't pass "the sniff test".

Somehow I ended up at this forum and started reading some threads. The information from the GOLD posts sounded simple, valuable, and ACTIONABLE. I thought, can it really be as simple as taking action on an idea?

Apparently it can if what I was reading was to be believed. BUT it meant I would actually have to put in some effort. I read about it being a process. It takes time. It takes action. It takes determination. It takes a mindset change. It means you have to start thinking about other people. It means you should add value. IT MEANS WORK.

Wait a minute!

You're telling me that I can't get rich from my "decent paying" 9-5 job?

You mean I have to DO SOMETHING?

So I downloaded a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane on my kindle to try to absorb this "new" way of thinking. After reading it I felt like I had definitely wasted part of my life but it also inspired me. I was brought up in the mindset of get a good job, work hard all your life, and then retire happy with a little bit of money. I like MJ's way of thinking much better!

I know a lot of new members have come before me and many more will come after me with the same perspective. We found something new and inspiring. We get excited and talk of the things to come. How we're going to change our lives. But how many really do?

I've worked in a crappy job, with crappy bosses, for a crappy company that makes it clear to you that you're not important for too long. It's time for a change.

I'm REALLY inspired by the stories I read on here by the younger folks taking a shot at it. What do you really have to lose when you're just starting out? Not much.

At 40 years old this is the one thing I would like to tell all the younger generation.

Go ahead and try something that you want. ANYTHING. So what if you fail? You have a lifetime ahead of you to to get a job. I wish I would I have tried half of the business ideas I had when I was younger. Would most of them worked? Probably NOT! But I would have learned a ton and still not been any worse off financially at that point in life. Hell, broke is broke. But I would have been light years ahead in my business knowledge of all the people that didn't try! And I wouldn't have any regrets.

If you get "stuck" in job you don't enjoy for years it starts to rob you of your identity, self confidence, dreams, hopes, ambitions, and life in general. I don't mean to sound so dramatic but it's true.

Anyway. If you've bothered to read this far I hope you got something out of this rambling introduction.

See you around.

I

Enlightenment only goes so far, I figured all that out when I was 16, still took another 10 years to make anything reasonable happen. Better get to work now, tomorrow you'll be dead.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...