The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Developer/trader - how to push forward

Anything related to matters of the mind

jeandearme

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 2, 2011
I'm in a strange place in my life. I'm a skilled developer than can build almost anything (full stack dev, except design) and I'm also trading crypto for the last 2 years (roundtripped couple hundred k's from rags back to rags).

I can easily get a job that would pay me 4-5x of my monthly expenses. And yet I refuse to take them (despite having a hefty debt that I stopped paying). I'd rather trade all day (or rather research what's worth investing) or if I find something that is worth building I will build it just to find out there are not as many customers as I would expect. I just prioritize having free schedule to work 16 hours a day as I want that having to show up at work (even remotely) every day at regular times.

People here tend to say if you can program and know marketing you can do anything. Well, not really - I know how to do marketing. It's the critical problem to solve that is hard to find for me. I can build all day long as long as I know it can bring me money and turn into a business. Building for others (as an employee or even contractor) I just find like a un-scaleable dead end (because I don't want to hire people and in general I avoid working with people if I can).

Therefore, I decided to ask the community here because maybe I'm just blind. I see people here making money left and right. I know I can do too, just after 13 years of failing I maybe just reach out here so I can pinpoint WHY I still didn't succeed.

What I can do well:
- build
- research (or do I? I would trade better then, right?)

What I understand well:
- crypto market (my whole Twitter feed is about it)
- blockchains (on technical level)
- business (I regularly read about business, watch Alex Becker, Steve Hamilton, Alex Hormozi, Salmondrin, Tate etc.)
- marketing (spent 5 figs on Facebook ads back in the day on my e-commerce POD business, made some on it and sold it)

In theory, I should be making tons of cash because I am in two very profitable and dynamic markets - that are also very competitive too. Somehow, though, I am not. I'm deep into the crypto market and whatever problem I have myself there is already a good tool for it so nothing really I might even improve upon to provide value.

If that post doesn't seem to make much sense - I have the same feeling. And that's also what I try to figure out. I would love to work my a$$ off, I just can't seem to find a right target to do so. Any ideas are highly appreciated. Thank you

edit: Just noticed I'm on this forum for almost 12 years. How shameful to still be in the same place as I was back then.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
I'm in a strange place in my life. I'm a skilled developer than can build almost anything (full stack dev, except design) and I'm also trading crypto for the last 2 years (roundtripped couple hundred k's from rags back to rags).

I can easily get a job that would pay me 4-5x of my monthly expenses. And yet I refuse to take them (despite having a hefty debt that I stopped paying). I'd rather trade all day (or rather research what's worth investing) or if I find something that is worth building I will build it just to find out there are not as many customers as I would expect. I just prioritize having free schedule to work 16 hours a day as I want that having to show up at work (even remotely) every day at regular times.

People here tend to say if you can program and know marketing you can do anything. Well, not really - I know how to do marketing. It's the critical problem to solve that is hard to find for me. I can build all day long as long as I know it can bring me money and turn into a business. Building for others (as an employee or even contractor) I just find like a un-scaleable dead end (because I don't want to hire people and in general I avoid working with people if I can).

Therefore, I decided to ask the community here because maybe I'm just blind. I see people here making money left and right. I know I can do too, just after 13 years of failing I maybe just reach out here so I can pinpoint WHY I still didn't succeed.

What I can do well:
- build
- research (or do I? I would trade better then, right?)

What I understand well:
- crypto market (my whole Twitter feed is about it)
- blockchains (on technical level)
- business (I regularly read about business, watch Alex Becker, Steve Hamilton, Alex Hormozi, Salmondrin, Tate etc.)
- marketing (spent 5 figs on Facebook ads back in the day on my e-commerce POD business, made some on it and sold it)

In theory, I should be making tons of cash because I am in two very profitable and dynamic markets - that are also very competitive too. Somehow, though, I am not. I'm deep into the crypto market and whatever problem I have myself there is already a good tool for it so nothing really I might even improve upon to provide value.

If that post doesn't seem to make much sense - I have the same feeling. And that's also what I try to figure out. I would love to work my a$$ off, I just can't seem to find a right target to do so. Any ideas are highly appreciated. Thank you

edit: Just noticed I'm on this forum for almost 12 years. How shameful to still be in the same place as I was back then.

Change the angle of your view. Try to find painful problems people have and offer solutions to these problems.

FTX made billions on crypto arbitrage, why you can not do this, if you are an expert in crypto and software development?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.