The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Designs for Twitch Streamers

Scalr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 3, 2019
Palo Alto, CA
Hi, as I go through idea validation I did what people in the forum recommend and went to Twitter for "needs".

After a few errors, I thought I found something interesting "need twitch overlay".

Twitch overlay are graphics that streamers put over they stream to make it look more professional. Like borders around their face cam, panel graphics for their stream description, animated overlays when they get new followers & offline screens etc.

So the niche would be all kinds of design work a twitch streamer needs.
Because this can be standardized, they can purchase templates. So I was thinking "ThemeForest for Twitch Streamers" + upsell for custom logo design etc.

It would be a Shopify store, carrying templates for them to purchase.

There are competitors in this field, 5-10 sites that offer this + many designers on Fiverr doing custom work. I want to evaluate these competitors and find out if they make money and if there is a spot in this seemingly growing market.

My questions:

I went on to SEMRUSH and found that they do have constant traffic growth in the last year. Some of them are more established with 5-8K organic but they have a good youtube channel with tutorials and many big streamers as customers. Some others grow with constant ~5k in paid traffic. Some of them spending good amounts on paid traffic. CPC for "twitch overlay" is $1.30. I have little experience and don't know if that is expensive. A template goes for $20-40. So would be great to find out the conversion on these pages, not sure if there are ways.

Aside from that my CENTS analysis shows a potential weakness in Entry. It is really easy to set up a store and design a few of those templates.

What else should I do to evaluate the competition? And what is your general opinion about this?
Never done e-com but see this as an opportunity to get my feet wet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Readerly

Yes and
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Sep 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
One way to approach the market might be to offer a few templates as freebies---to get your name/brand out there and have the chance to upsell. Essentially, a freemium model.

There's probably lots of opportunity for you to differentiate your brand by offering a unique design aesthetic.

The key for you, I think, is not to overthink. Get a product out there, try to sell it, then analyze results and adjust.

Scalr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Apr 3, 2019
Palo Alto, CA
You are absolutely right. Thanks a lot for telling me not to overthink!!!
If there is one thing that I have learned from this forum is... take action.
I got my first design done over the weekend. Next step is to set up landing page, get some traffic on it and see how it converts.

Thinking this further along... I have some ideas how to add a difference.
But I feel hesitant to publicly post... I know, it's weird.
Maybe I move this to an INSIDERS thread. But first need to do step 1, landing page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.