I have been trying to wrap my mind around this concept. I'm not sure I fully understand. I have seen it in Diane's, Vollucci's, and Berges' books.
If you have a rental property, commercial or residential, your allowed to claim a deduction on your taxes for a building deterioration even if the buildings value increases? 3.64% for rental housing under 27.5 years and 2.56% for commercial buildings under 39 years? (I got those numbers out of Barron's Real Estate Dictionary, I'm not sure how accurate they are.) No deduction for land.
How are fixed up properties affected by this?
Are there no deduction after the building has matured past given ages?
If you have a rental property, commercial or residential, your allowed to claim a deduction on your taxes for a building deterioration even if the buildings value increases? 3.64% for rental housing under 27.5 years and 2.56% for commercial buildings under 39 years? (I got those numbers out of Barron's Real Estate Dictionary, I'm not sure how accurate they are.) No deduction for land.
How are fixed up properties affected by this?
Are there no deduction after the building has matured past given ages?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
