The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

deperatly need help in a niche market

danstadelman

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 12, 2011
hi my name is dan. my website is www.teeshirtdaddy.com . i think i have a really unique idea and am offering a great service that noone else is doing, it seems. i did as much research as i could on using google for traffic but no one is even looking at my site. google has it all messed up too. i can barely find my own website even if i search the url! it's horrible. i took this is far as i could on my own. now it is time to reach out for help and get this resolved. it has literally been months and not one sale! something is wrong. i know it is a good idea. someone please help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
That is unusual. Are you sure your server allows search engines to index the content on it? You might have that feature turned off and not realize it.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
There is nothing wrong, except...

Flash websites completely suck if you want search engine traffic. Get a real website.

SHHDlove

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Sep 13, 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Yeah, you need a redesign, ASAP. I would junk whatever you have and switch to a normal format. I would recommend Wordpress, due to the large number of free and premium themes you could use to customize your site.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
To add to above.. It is kind of tough to even understand what you sell.. Your first 10 picks do not show pics of shirts.. When you click on order there is one shirt that is 30 Bucks.. Humm..

It seems like an ego boosting website for the girl..

You are not even close to selling.. Good luck. Listent to the guys above.. Change your website.

It looks cool, it just isn't.

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
Flash sites are the worst sites you can use if you need organic/search engine traffic.

danstadelman

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 12, 2011
i thought it was pretty clear that all the shirts are custom. the pictures are before and after pictures of what my art department came up with. there are no stock designs. they are all different. they all cost $30. that is why there is only 1 option when you click to order.

so what would you do deifferently to convey the above information to the site so people understand

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
There is no sales pitch.. there is no call to action.. there is nothing.. you need to to really look at your site from a customers point of view.

It is just confusing..

G-man422

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 5, 2011
Ohio, USA
Dan,

It looks like you put a lot of work and time into your site. What you can work on is:
- Giving it a cleaner look. Possibly tabs along the top for easier navigation.
- Not having so many things moving. I find this distracting as a consumer.
- Products that are easily identifiable and buyable. This is not the case with the current layout and functionality;

Thanks for sharing. Let us know of any updates you do to the site.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
I liked crystal... ahem I mean like the others said your site needs a quick redesign. Also not many guys like hearing another deepvoiced male tell them "who's your daddy".

s_sherrell

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Oct 26, 2011
Chicago
Who are the top dogs in your online tshirt market? How are they getting business? Sure you may feel your end product is better, but if you are wondering why no one is coming to buy, check out your successful competition's marketing. Copy and improve what they are doing.
As for rank that is SEO and will involve a whole different conversation. I hate SEO. Just know it is long and dedicated journey to get ranked in popular niches like yours. Not impossible, but you are better off dong paid ads. Another option is getting interviewed on media outlets that your market respects. Think college stations, blogs, podcasts. Offer tehm a revenue share for all sales generated.

A

Anon3587x

The site loaded slowly and had an unintuitive UI.

Last edited by a moderator:

paradigm

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 31, 2011
East Coast, United States
Hello, Dan.

Firstly let me state that I am not a successful inter-webber. That is to say, I am not a webmaster/guru/whatever. So let me just point out the obvious. How is the content on your site? , i.e. keywords. Is it rich in original content? Have you gone out on to the internet-highway and advertised the old fashioned way, or did you create a site and just expect it to boom? I'm sure you are aware of all the basics, but you'd be surprised how many I come across who do not consider such things as I mentioned.

If you could, please give more details. As in what steps you have already taken, as to not have people asking what you've already gone over. Even if you have gone over the aforementioned, it would not hurt to tell us how.

Edit: Well, that is odd. I did not see the other posts on this thread.... I take it he gave up? Apparently the site is expired.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.