The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Delay in Tax Refunds These Years

Taxes and regulation

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
As the law sits right now, 23 million more Americans will be subject to AMT. Basically anyone making over about $45,000 will have the issue. That's because one of the "patches" expires this year.

Congress is expected to fix it, but it's too late for the IRS. They need 12-13 weeks to preprogram their programs. They start up 1/14...so counting backwards, Congress would have needed to get this done by 10/22/07. And, they didn't...

So, the IRS is going to hold up on tax refunds (assuming that Congress does fix this) until their computers are reprogrammed.

Every day delayed will mean one more day's delay in getting tax refunds done.

OF COURSE: If you're smart with your tax planning, you never get a tax refund. Instead, you check this time of year to see where you are with estimated tax to paid and where you are with payments in. Then balance it as close to zero as you can. It's definitely slow lane to count on a refund - you've just made an interest free loan to the IRS. I know I can do a whole lot better job investing my money than the government can for me (ie..they have zero return!), so I don't want to give them a dime more than I have to.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
Thank you Diane for the heads up. Although I don't get refunds this is something that I can pass on to my employees. I still can't believe the income threashold is so low, that is just bizarre.
Janet

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.