• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Delay in Tax Refunds These Years

Discussion in 'Asset Protection/Taxes/Legal' started by Diane Kennedy, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Diane Kennedy

Diane Kennedy Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $129
    As the law sits right now, 23 million more Americans will be subject to AMT. Basically anyone making over about $45,000 will have the issue. That's because one of the "patches" expires this year.

Congress is expected to fix it, but it's too late for the IRS. They need 12-13 weeks to preprogram their programs. They start up 1/14...so counting backwards, Congress would have needed to get this done by 10/22/07. And, they didn't...

So, the IRS is going to hold up on tax refunds (assuming that Congress does fix this) until their computers are reprogrammed.

Every day delayed will mean one more day's delay in getting tax refunds done.

OF COURSE: If you're smart with your tax planning, you never get a tax refund. Instead, you check this time of year to see where you are with estimated tax to paid and where you are with payments in. Then balance it as close to zero as you can. It's definitely slow lane to count on a refund - you've just made an interest free loan to the IRS. I know I can do a whole lot better job investing my money than the government can for me (ie..they have zero return!), so I don't want to give them a dime more than I have to.

nomadjanet and andviv like this.
  2. nomadjanet

nomadjanet Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $187
    Thank you Diane for the heads up. Although I don't get refunds this is something that I can pass on to my employees. I still can't believe the income threashold is so low, that is just bizarre.
    Janet

3. Corrado79

Corrado79 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $37
    Wow, I hope this gets resolved. And resolved promptly. Thanks Diane!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.