The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Deciding which business model to use..

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Right now im conducting business, but building a website and a large portion will be online. I am deciding what to do....

Control my customers, which means less more work, but large profit margins.

Let it be interactive between people but charge a fee or something of that sort.

If i control buyers i can make large profits but it will never be completely fastlane. Should i do it this way and then once the customer base and brand recognition is there switch the business model if it seems smarter?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
can you elaborate on what you mean by controlling your customers? if it really is less work, and large profit margin, then how can it not be fastlane? so long as the "control" is automated, that's what the fastlane principles is all about.

what is the "interactive" part of it? you mean like a social network? wouldn't you still have to charge a fee if you did it the former method? if you can elaborate more, perhaps i can understand much clearly what you are trying to do.

but switching your business model could hunt you along the way. if a business is "social networking" in nature, and you switch the model. you most likely are going to attract a different breed and alienate those using it already. i say set it up the way you think will take less effort and make the most money. if you see growth in millions, and can sustain yourself without charging, then build up first and charge. if it's not a massive growth because the business is in a niche industry, then charge from the get go.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The cloaked description of the business makes this impossible. This is like asking, "Would you invest in this stock? Oh BTW, I can't give you their financials or tell you what product they make ..."

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
The cloaked description of the business makes this impossible. This is like asking, "Would you invest in this stock? Oh BTW, I can't give you their financials or tell you what product they make ..."

lol, that's the frustrating thing out here, no one ever talks about details because they are afraid someone will steal their idea. lol.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
But how many business ideas out there are not already being done? I thought I had a unique idea for a website, after some research...they are already 3 sites doing it. I am glad though, it means they are some $$$ in it. I wouldn't worry about giving out details....chances are, someone else out there is planning on doing the same thing. Execution is the key with any business.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Who gives a damn if someone is doing it. Are you telling me that there are not two business that are in the same field that are successful.

What about zappos. They sell shoes and are very successful at it. I don't believe that they were the only ones that sold shoes when they started. If entrepreneurs had the fear of not starting a business just because some other people are in it then half of the online companies would not be here right now.

The fact that you have competition is just business so get use to it. Focus on how you are going to beat the competition and please the customers.

You are focusing on the obstacles and not the opportunities. This is why most people never break from the pack.

shivy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 6, 2010
yea i recommend building a brand name first, so even if you slightly increase price there is still brand loyalty

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.