What's new

Decided to lurk no more!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

KimJay

New Contributor
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
13
Rep Bank
$95
User Power: 8%
I have been lurking on this site for quite some time now. I finally got up the nerve to join. This forum has inspired me in so many ways, especially PhxMJ. When I first started coming to this site I would go to his profile and check every post that he had written up until that date (and scrolling through the feedback). Needless to say, it took me about two weeks (about 2-3 hours a day). Some may call that obsessive but I probably learned more in that two weeks then my entire time at college. So I decided that I wanted to post when I actually had done something with my knowledge.

I have been coming on here for about a year now. I already had an entertainment business but I was being passive with it. Not really promoting it the way that I should. I was afraid that if people actually knew about my business they may not want what I offered, so I didn't promote for fear of failure. I knew that this belief was crazy and I would never know if I didn't try. So I started to promote it. My husband and I own this business together and he is a comedian. We now produce our comedy shows monthly and have a good following that has been increasing each month. What helped me with my promotions was learning about creating customer value FIRST. Our comedy shows are some of the most successful in our city.

PhxMJ talked about a dream he had to be a standup comic. This got me thinking, so my husband and I created a comedy competition in our area. We did ok, didn't make a ton of money but we have started an annual event that we can build on. It got alot of buzz in our area the first year, so hopefully we can build on that. We had about 400 in attendance at the finale. Maybe MJ can crack the mic at our competition!? LOL that would be great!


This forum has also inspired me to start another business to create an additional stream of (hopefully one day fairly passive) income. I decided to create a website. I took one of RussH's post to heart about creating a million dollar idea. I don't remember the title of the post exactly but he basically gave parameters and challenged the members to come up with an idea and put it to action. Hopefully this will be my million dollar idea! I am in the process of creating a nightlife directory website for my area. People are always complaining that there is nothing to do here. Really there are tons of things to do in this area but they dont get the publicity. I learned this in college and always organized different events for my friends and I to do. They were always asking how I came up with the idea to do this or that, all I did was do the research! I think people in my city are to lazy for the most part to do this, they just know about key events in the city and think that is all there is to do.

My site will compile all the event info for them. I have a 4 sites that I consider to be competition, and I feel my site has the edge. They are not just geared to nightlife and it seems like the owners created there site as an afterthought. They are not updated frequently, graphics are awful..etc. And honestly they are missing tons of events!

Sooooo, with all that being said ( I hope you are still reading lol) I have a question. Since I own an entertainment company that throws various events, comedy competition, a NYE party, and smaller comedy shows.... I feel some will see my site as a conflict of interest and it will lose some credibility..ie she will mostly promote her own events. My website designer had an idea where I would do a video introduction to the site explaining why I created it and what I want people to get out of it. Is this a good idea to brand with myself as the face? OR should it remain almost anonymous? Or should I even explain in the video that I own an ent company and everyone will be represented fairly on the site? Last question, we are throwing a NYE party and I want that to be the launching pad of the site, so I planned on co-promoting the two...Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated!


p.s. Some of my grammar in this post is awful, I apologize! I was typing fast!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Exituni opvsu!!! Tqiif+Vjy!! Ximduni! Puv tasi O'n siefz gus tvepfaq raovi ziv, cav egvis vjot cuul neslivoph qjeti ot uwis, O nohjv vsz nz madl! Hmef vu tii xi jewi optqosif zua opvu xjev muult moli, tuni raemovz edvoup.
 
MUM vjev xuamf ci hsiev O'n tasi nz jatcepf dep howi zua tuni voqt! O'n puv tasi ug vji ivoraivvi gus opvsut, fu O piif vu qutv nz raitvoup tunixjisi imti?
 
Og zua jewi e raitvoup ecuav tunivjoph epf zua vjopl vji dunnapovz dep jimq, katv qutv e pix vjsief op vji eqqsuqsoevi gusan ... og puvjoph nevdjit, Vji Hipisem gusan xomm taggodi.
 
Vjepl zua!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom