The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dealing with your current life in pursuit of your dream life...

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
So I made a previous post about this but that one was too emotional and just uncomfortable to look at so I'm making a newer, more understandable one.

I've been pursuing a project and a skillset that brings me happiness when I'm working on it and that's great. But there's still one problem... my job as of now.

I work at an O'reilys auto parts store. the pay is 10$ an hour, I have to make an hour long drive out to work, the store is always busy so I never have time to study, I'm getting very close to screaming at my shift manager because he's a control freak and scolding every little thing I do gets his d--- hard, and the rest of my co-workers are making up lies about me to my store manger simply because they don't "like" me. Telling her things such as requesting 2 hour lunch breaks and such.

Any ideas guys? I've got my eyes set on jiffy lube which is much closer to my place. the pay is the same but ill be learning much more about cars than where I am now. not to mention I've been in a shop environment before and I don't mind it...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
So I made a previous post about this but that one was too emotional and just uncomfortable to look at so I'm making a newer, more understandable one.

I've been pursuing a project and a skillset that brings me happiness when I'm working on it and that's great. But there's still one problem... my job as of now.

I work at an O'reilys auto parts store. the pay is 10$ an hour, I have to make an hour long drive out to work, the store is always busy so I never have time to study, I'm getting very close to screaming at my shift manager because he's a control freak and scolding every little thing I do gets his d--- hard, and the rest of my co-workers are making up lies about me to my store manger simply because they don't "like" me. Telling her things such as requesting 2 hour lunch breaks and such.

Any ideas guys? I've got my eyes set on jiffy lube which is much closer to my place. the pay is the same but ill be learning much more about cars than where I am now. not to mention I've been in a shop environment before and I don't mind it...

Take a dump on your boss's desk and quit

Life is to short to be miserable, you could get hit by a semi truck one day on the way to work and that's the end, enjoy it while it lasts..goes by quick!

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
I'm with the other poster.

When you are young you feel like these things are so big - but they are nothing. People end up staying in terrible situations for far too long because of the fear of change and the possibility of failure - but that's a part of business and the earlier you learn it the better.

The thing is, It's not going to change for the better unless you try.

Best of luck!

P.s. I don't recommend you take a dump on the desk. At least not without a mask on anyway - please observe the sanitary rules.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
Take a dump on your boss's desk and quit

Life is to short to be miserable, you could get hit by a semi truck one day on the way to work and that's the end, enjoy it while it lasts..goes by quick!
id love too but … I kind of have to pay rent

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

I didn't read your other post. But this one makes you sound like a whiny bitch. I don't know anything about you, not where you live or what's around you. I know you have the internet, so there's no excuse. $10 an hour can be earned doing literally anything.

- Uber
- Freelancing
- Hanging X-mas lights
- Ebay
- Etsy
- Even begging

You can earn more and have more autonomy plunging the crap from toilets as your own boss. You can sell drawings or paintings or handmade Blair Witch stick figure ornaments on Etsy in your spare time.

But instead, you're here complaining about your boss not liking you and your co-workers not liking you, skipping the part about why they should like you and why you care in the first place..

So set your sights on Jiffy Lube. Go get your dollar raise. What a surprise it will be to discover how your new boss is just like the old one and how nobody there likes you either. Surely it's not you. But eh...what can you do?

Last edited:

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
If you want to be an entrepreneur and start your own thing anyway then of course, you should get another job. One that's much closer to you. It's just to pay the bills but still, it shouldn't make you completely miserable. @sparechange is right, life is too short. Nothing wrong with making changes for the better. Don't worry, you'll live.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
I didn't read your other post. But this one makes you sound like a whiny bitch. I don't know anything about you, not where you live or what's around you. I know you have the internet, so there's no excuse. $10 an hour can be earned doing literally anything.

- Uber
- Freelancing
- Hanging X-mas lights
- Ebay
- Etsy
- Even begging

You can earn more and have more autonomy plunging the crap from toilets as your own boss. You can sell drawings or paintings or handmade Blair Witch stick figure ornaments on Etsy in your spare time.

But instead, you're here complaining about your boss not liking you and your co-workers not liking you, skipping the part about why they should like you and why you care in the first place..

So set your sights on Jiffy Lube. Go get your dollar raise. What a surprise it will be to discover how your new boss is just like the old one and how nobody there likes you either. Surely it's not you.
Ok you need to chill. You're taking this from the perspective of being in front of a ten year old who didn't get his ice cream. What I asked for was advice. not generic "tough up, buttercup" crap. You think I don't I know there's no excuses? You think I don't know that what I've got is my fault? I do. I was speaking LOGICALLY not EMOTIONALY.

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
If you want to be an entrepreneur and start your own thing anyway then of course, you should get another job. One that's much closer to you. It's just to pay the bills but still, it shouldn't make you completely miserable. @sparechange is right, life is too short. Nothing wrong with making changes for the better. Don't worry, you'll live.
understood

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Ok you need to chill. You're taking this from the perspective of being in front of a ten year old who didn't get his ice cream. What I asked for was advice. not generic "tough up, buttercup" crap. You think I don't I know there's no excuses? You think I don't know that what I've got is my fault? I do. I was speaking LOGICALLY not EMOTIONALY.

Sure...kid...whatever you say.

I'm getting very close to screaming at my shift manager because he's a control freak and scolding every little thing I do gets his d--- hard

BlindSide

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Mar 16, 2017
Los Angeles
I think what Lex is saying is take some responsibility here. It’s tough right now, but necessary if you really want to make this work.

You put yourself in a position where you have to drive an hour to earn $10/hour. You can hate your manager all you want, and complain about how mean he is, but at the end of the day, it is your fault. Sorry, but you need to accept this. If you’re driving that far, you should be paid far more.

You can get another job that pays more near you probably within a couple weeks if you work at it, and then focus on your business. And can you use that skill set your building to get a much higher paying job?

Matua

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Oct 4, 2020
Virginia
You already answered your own question, so go work at Jiffy Lube!

Just because we all have opinions what we think you should do, doesn't mean you should make choices based on what we say. Do your own thing and believe in what you do.

Be confident in yourself, your skills, and your choices.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.