An interesting topic came up in a conversation with a friend of mine today
smxB
. It seems as an entrepreneur you are destined to have bad credit at some point in your career. I know for me, getting my business started was what did me in. Having absolutely 0 dollars for a few months led to some defaulted payments of course. Now, most I fully intend paying back, some have gone passed that already. But my question for the experts around the forum is what are the ways around credit rating? For both business and personal?
For instance; I lease a car at the moment, credit rating is poor so the payments are substantial. My accountant said I would probably make out better if I owned the car and paid myself mileage, which I do, but maybe it would make more sense for the business to own the car? (as far as credit rating goes)
How would a young punk kid like myself purchase a house with such poor credit?
So:
What is your take on credit ratings and entrepreneurship?
What are you doing/have you done/plan on doing to work around your credit rating?
What have you done to clean up your credit rating in a quick fashion?
For instance; I lease a car at the moment, credit rating is poor so the payments are substantial. My accountant said I would probably make out better if I owned the car and paid myself mileage, which I do, but maybe it would make more sense for the business to own the car? (as far as credit rating goes)
How would a young punk kid like myself purchase a house with such poor credit?
So:
What is your take on credit ratings and entrepreneurship?
What are you doing/have you done/plan on doing to work around your credit rating?
What have you done to clean up your credit rating in a quick fashion?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
