The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Day 71 : back on track

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Christopher104

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Oct 27, 2020
Screenshot (4).png
Not even close to being done yet, but I thought you guys would like to know about its development so far.

On day 34 I announced that I would be working on a new project called "man's best friend" a website meant to help animal lovers in different ways. This is the homepage so far.

looks pretty basic right? I had to scrap the previous version because I made some mistakes.

Version 1 was just... awful. It looked okay on display but I got caught up in the wrong information and spent a lot of time doing the wrong things. the code was an absolute mess and the website wasn't compatible for any devices except my one monitor.

Turns out I was using the wrong display properties on my elements and I was trying to use "hacks" to get my elements where I needed them to be on a display: block; property.

I was too frustrated and impatient to read any of the right information. I had the mindset of "I just want to get this done and start making money! Just tell me what I need to know!"

This went on and on for a couple of weeks until I called my dad after a frustrating day at work. I told him I was feeling suicidal. Again. I cringe thinking about it now.

He lets out a deep sigh.
"Chris, what do you want with your life?"

He talked with an exhausted tone like we already had this conversation a thousand times.
I told him exactly what I wanted.

"I wanna travel the world! Be a billionaire! date lot's of women! fly pla-"

"Son, that's unrealistic." He interrupted me. "Everyday people get up and they work. somewhere or on something. These people that you watch on YouTube... yeah some of its real but 99% of it isn't".

"I AM working on something everyday!" I fruitlessly argue, trying to sound more like a victim. "I spend hours and hours coding on my website and I still haven't gotten very far with it yet!"

"Son!" he snaps back, "that isn't going to save you. You're a normal working adult and you're doing everything that you're supposed to do. there's nothing wrong with you."

I remain silent, defeated.

"listen, I'm at work. we'll pick up on this later." he says before hanging up the phone.

Whether he was right or not depends on you guys but I thought he was absolutely right about everything. especially the "That isn't going to save you" part.

Since I moved out I had been working like I was only three more feet from gold, when gold... was a thousand more miles right.

I realized that if I was going to continue working on my plan I needed to be patient, and enjoy the life I had now. Because freedom was still a long ways away.

I looked at a roadmap online and saw that I needed to learn the CSS grids and flexbox display properties. I sat my a$$ down at my desk and practiced for hours at a time. I carefully read everything and applied it fifty times or more depending on if I memorized it or not. After a week, I managed to create what you see at the top of this thread now.

I'm sure I will have more challenges and obstacles along the way but I'm very thankful for my fathers advice because it taught me to grow the hell up and learn to love what you do instead of always trying to find a way out.

it'll be a while before I post an update again. See you on the Fastlane...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.