The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Day 16 - Grabbing life by the balls.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ethan McPhie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Nov 27, 2017
Glasgow
Day 16

Hello, this thread is for me to continuously update everyday in a bid to ensure i am always returning and never giving up. Also, hopefully, eventually be another one of the countless success stories on the forum.

I am notorious for giving something up when it starts to get difficult but i also threw myself into a great depression due to feeling as if i wasn't going anywhere with my life (this was while i was passing my Mechanical Engineering course). With this i stupidly threw myself into weed to relieve myself of the stress but ultimately i began to fall away form university and then i really had nothing going for me. It was in this state i took a step back and with the gut-wrenching fear of truly amounting to nothing i turned the year around with only 3 months till exams. However, the 12-hour shifts at the library proved pointless as during the next semester i began falling away from uni for the third time however this time instead of being depressed about the path i was on (the scripted life) i instead found myself sunk into books such as 'how to win friends and influence people' and more importantly 'UNSCRIPTED '. This gave my life new light and overwhelming clarity. I quit my course and am now pursuing the only life that will ever truly satisfy me.

To combat my severely poor productivity and focus i have started a youtube channel to blog progress and this thread to post what's easier written than said.

**edit**

i would like to add that i do not have any special skill set and that this is genuinely my 16th day working towards my goal. For the most part the start of the process will be me working on myself to increase my work ethics and productivity but to also research markets and find areas i can focus my innovative mind on and perhaps create value in someone else's life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ethan McPhie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Nov 27, 2017
Glasgow
Day 17

So, following the principles of the 12 year week (and adding in some of my own) i have been following a list of things i must do daily to keep myself sane and healthy. This is alongside the 3-5 tasks a day that the book mentions.

I realise wasting too much time on tasks like this can eventually turn into action-faking and theres a lot of times I've felt as though that is all I'm doing. It feels as though the past 17 days have been mostly reading and starting new habits however my determination has not wavered and i am sure there are some exciting times ahead.

Following the 3-5 tasks a day rule i have made some crucial steps to getting a couple of my projects on the go.

Firstly, with two of my like-minded friends, i am starting a clothing brand. I realise that this is in no way a revolutionary idea or anything new. The idea came about as the three of us like to meet up and chat shit about life and all that jazz. Which is pretty much the image of the brand. I'm not really in it with any hope of finding fortune however i believe it'll be good first-hand experience and might teach me a thing or two about marketing. So, today i decided i would look into legally registering our company and buying a domain name. Annoyingly, i let myself get distracted so all i got done was finishing the logo.

Next on the list was making progress on my more serious project. Partnering with a long-term friend and business student, i am embarking on a very ambitious first venture. Don't really want to go into specifics since it would take ages and i think enough about it during the day. However, we'll be looking to secure around 100k in funding so my work has to be flawless. Today i focused on innovation. Outlining all the features of our app that differ from what else is on the market and how i've tackled the biggest issues the public are having with what is currently on the market.

Last edited:

Ethan McPhie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Nov 27, 2017
Glasgow
Day 18

Creating deadlines... and still searching for the right font.

So, i have finished detailing all my features for the app. Before we look for investment i need to :

• develop a beta app
  • do masses of research backing up our app
  • in-depth analysis of the app and its features
so far i have the in-depth analysis but have no idea on sorting out a beta and the research. I will leave the research to my partner as he finds joy in that sort of stuff and ill look into the beta tomorrow.

I'm also getting confused as to the different types of company you can register as. For the clothing brand i was thinking a private limited company but that means nothing to me so research will have to be done.

Last edited:

Ethan McPhie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Nov 27, 2017
Glasgow
Day 39

Been a while, lol. Not really a fan of updating day by day... feeling like its a waste of time so ill post each significant update.

I've structured my week into focusing on 5 key aspects of my life daily. These being businesses, fitness, guitar, productivity and reading. The 12 week year has really helped me to visualise goals and start making daily actions working towards my long term goals for each of these. So, i will continue to do this and hopefully have some updates shorty.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Day 39

Been a while, lol. Not really a fan of updating day by day... feeling like its a waste of time so ill post each significant update.

I've structured my week into focusing on 5 key aspects of my life daily. These being businesses, fitness, guitar, productivity and reading. The 12 week year has really helped me to visualise goals and start making daily actions working towards my long term goals for each of these. So, i will continue to do this and hopefully have some updates shorty.

Seems like your focus may be pretty spread out. Doing 5 different things everyday is if anything, unfocused effort. I would say you should be focusing on 1 or 2 things and everything else you do has a purpose when it comes to supporting those things.

For example, my focus right now is on creating a business/income stream. Some daily activities I do to support that goal are: personal-development with the purpose of making me more capable of my fastlane journey and exercise/relaxing before bed to recharge and reflect before my next period of working on the biz.

Also, chill with the fonts lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.